Aborting of girls and post-natal murder of girl babies rife in India

by hallelujah 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

"More than 10 million female fetuses have been aborted in India in the last two decades."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/5125810.stm

And that's the official figures

So much for abortion being a good thing

• LDH
    LDH
    "More than 10 million female fetuses have been aborted in India in the last two decades."

While I abhor abortion used as birth control, the thought of 10 million more unwanted children on this earth makes me sicker.

• nelly136
  • shar212
    shar212

If abortion was considered murder, I wonder where would it rank among the leading killers?

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's an economic decision to reject daughters as children of the family. When they grow up they will need dowries to be accepted for marriage. The parents will have to work hard to provide it, whereas sons means receiving dowries from others.

It's a selfish system, why should daughters provide dowries? The end result is that many men can't find wives because there are only 80 women per 100 men.

• vitty
    vitty

You would think that considering women are now in shortage, they would be MORE valuble. If finding a wife is difficult, youd think the men would be paying the dowry

• greendawn
    greendawn

Old habits die hard, these are traditional unwritten laws and so they are hard to change but now given the shortage of women, that may occur as in any other market, it's the demand and supply law of the market.

Meanwhile killing so many fetuses and children is quite a liability.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

If abortion is to be perfectly acceptable and ok, then there is nothing wrong with aborting a featus on the basis of gender. Personally, I don`t think abortion is perfectly ok.

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if China will ever make its statistics on legislated birth control available for public consumption. I've worked with more than one Chinese family who came here because the wife became pregnant with a second child and had to escape the country or else submit to an abortion.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

A newspaper ad I read, about gender testing during pregnancy, said 'spend 2000 rupee now, save 20000 rupee later'.

It's appalling, but so is a child entering the world whose sole purpose is to be a slave. I hope that the market turns, and that women subsequently become valued in India, but...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit