Aborting of girls and post-natal murder of girl babies rife in India

by hallelujah 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Hi LDH

Doesn't the fact that female unborn humans are being aborted and not males make you question the humanity fo the process of abortion itself?

The logic of unwanted children equating to the children being of no value is fundamentally wrong. Abortion is in fact nothing different than infanticide, or more accurately in this case, femicide.

Dan

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Nelly

That is one of the most shocking articles I have ever seen -

Initially I had thought that femicide had been caused largely by the one child policy in China, but the fact that it is so rampant in India shows that that policy exacerbates, but is not the only source of the problem

Dan

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Hi Greendawn

Yes economics is the thing, combined with a stupid cultural hatred of women. The correspondent mentioned that even middle class educated couples were aborting female fetuses. That might be because a wealthier class or caste might require a higher dowry.

Actually dowries were made illegal but the law is not enforced.

The witnesses supposition of an inability of women to speak directly to the congregation (unless wearing a headscarf) is another one of those stupid cultural devaluations of women which really put me off the WTBTS

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Robert McNamara - formerly US Defence Secretary and a leading strategist in the US bombing of Japan in WWII, in The Fog of War, says that if the US had lost WWII, he would have been tried for crimes against humanity in the bombing of Japanese Civilians.

The present sociological order tolerates murder daily. In fact our taxes support it. That's why the WTBTS advice to pay your (war) taxes seems to negate their advice not to serve in the military.

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

That's right Hellrider, since if human life has no value then neither does human suffering. I think it just goes to show where it all leads

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I have read this and went to the article on the Dying Room. I don't even know what to say., It has me in tears and having three babies under not the most ideal circumstances, I cannot imagine any one of them being in a place such as this. At this very moment I am saddened with humans.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Abortion is not murder.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Six it is so odd that while in the Borg I was so very angry at abortionist as this is what I was told would be murder. But seeing things like this (over time), well I have slowly come to have my mind changed.

I am not as I used to be and yet still, I think that this situation is not a matter of not being able to care for them, it is a stupid law or tradition gone wrong. WTF I am to provide if possible a college education for each child I have and lord knows they probably wont get it. I also see that we are in a fairly free country and if the kids decide to elope it is not a sin, and they can still marry without a dowry, hell, here they can live in sin forever if they want. I also know if they want an education they can work their way through college.

So because they are in the country they are and we are here, then that makes all the difference in the tradition and also in the choices of who gets to live or die. That bothers me a bit. Not that I would trade places (If you recall that is what JW's used to say is that we should gladly be in the others position) but I wonder what is the outcome of this story? Has anything changed? How is their government addressing this?

I am not sure what all I am trying to say for it is coming out a bit jumbled, but I know I am pretty shaken up. So maybe I should take a deep breath and try again.

Also, how do JW's in these countries handle these traditions and abortion issues? I wonder how many have to fight with the issue of abortion? What is married to an unbeliever? Do they get forced to abort? Just curious.

• nelly136
    nelly136

its horrible that any country would put this kind of ruling on the gender of kids people are allowed to produce and how many.

http://www.24dash.com/content/news/viewNews.php?navID=7&newsID=7060

over here there is no excuse for this sort of thing, but it still happens, obviously just leaving the baby at a hospital or in a public place to be found instead of doing this didnt occur,

abortion is a very emotive subject, i can see for's and against's and those who have to do it through circumstance/medical/rape etc have my utmost sympathy.

in countries where there is freedom of choice and birthcontrol readily available, those who use it as birth control repeatedly instead of taking available precautions especially the late termers through laziness selfish reasons ...i think a bit of enforced tube tying prolly wouldnt go amiss. (just my opinion)

• KORrat
    KORrat

imagine u can 10 million more indioons on world it makes me sad they already take all of our money in my country we have same problem with jew we must kill some of them before they can fight this maybe what indiaans doing ????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit