The last tug of trained fear.

by Steve Lowry 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Hey sass,

I think story exemplifies that genuine lack of concern the JW has for mankind and what befalls him. But when you think about it, the type of person looking for escape from the world at large who would join an organization that promises ultimate bliss isn't really worried to much or concerned about anyone else. It doesn’t fit into the scheme of things. Its interesting to me how the WBTS can manipulate the rank and file JW into pushing its product, all the while reassuring them how much they must "love" all of mankind. What a bunch of crap, and how self-delusional is the JW. Yea, I’m sure that God helped her "see", by killing off 250,000! But now SHE’s, OK.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"I used to get joy from this in the that I mean an I told you so way, but now I dont want to watch."

I know what you mean. Its kinda like a train wreck. At first ya gotta look, then ya gotta turn away. Cuz, there's really nothing much you can do to help.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

All cults instill phobias especially doomsday apocalyptic cults. My own last WT/JW indoctrination hold out was their 'prophecy' about the political powers turning on religion. Now i know there is nothing proprietary esoteric about that,everybody knows religion is the root of much of the world's problems,it's common sense. Don't forget also that the demons who inspire the Watchtower writings know prophecy. I was in since 1957 and i tell you that 100% of members in 1960 who participated in the "never to be repeated" "Truth" book campaigns of that era never believed the Watchtower (corporation) would still be up and running in 2005! Better to be an unbeliever and fall on God's mercy than be cast with the false 'profits'. Go back?What amazes me is that the Watchtower still has a back or even a front for that matter.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oh now I've done it, I'm toast. Armageddon will come and I'll be trying to hide under the nearest mountain (which would be the Smokies) and Jehovah will lift up the mountain and say

BOO! I've got you now...

Laffing my Butt Off!

• DannyHaszard
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Those pictures used to always upset me when I was a kid. Why would J destroy dogs and cats during the Big A? I think the society threw in the animals just to make sure that a child's horror was complete. I hated the WTS for it. Hmmm, I wonder if that might be one of the unconscious reasons I eventually turned on them?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In 1983 with Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher in power, the Soviets had jsut shot down a Korean passenger jet, Intermediate Range Nukes were being stationed in Europe, I so thought Armageddon was coming that I got baptized - I was so paralyzed with fear

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

From time to time I still have moments when that fear pops up. Like noticing that everything I buy seems to come from China and thinking that might be how the King of the North will overthrow the King of the South. But then I realize it is all a bunch of nonsence. Even if America falls apart, that does not mean Armageddon has come. It just means that we allowed our lifestyle to end as we know it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit