I Asked My Wife A Question Yesterday

by enlightenedcynic 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Another thing I used to ponder was why animals and plants die if humans are to live forever. Doesn't nature tell us that human death is part of the cycle of life?

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

enlightened, I wish you the best of the luck.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I like the strategy but "questions like those will be answered in the new system" is a pretty simplistic and preprogrammed response.

Why don't you ask about stuff that has nothing to do with "jehovah" - stuff that she simply has no end point with.

Like something to do with the movie -------- some thinking practice.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Kool-aid.

Thats the answer.

They drink the kool-aid. You can reason with them until the cows come home. They hear what the wt says to them, and you are just making noise.

I wish you luck, but you need to get past the kool-aid.

• done4good
    done4good

Gary,

Very true point. But, the JW religion has the tendency, (putting it very mildly), to close peoples mind over many matters. This certainly complicates a maritial relationship, regardless of how healthy it might be otherwise. Although my ex had her deeply rooted emotional issues, being brought up a JW just put those things out of grasp, for someone who could have potentially otherwise overcame those things.

Jason

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    She says that she had always wondered about that and doesn't understand either, but, questions like those will be answered in the new system.

Ahh, the same old standard text-book-answer. It`s because we are imperfect and degenrated since the fall of Eve and Adam and we only use 10% of our brains etc...

How can you argue you with that one.

• Semjazas Slave
    Semjazas Slave

What do you want from your wife? Do you want her to be happy? Is she happy? Is she happy being a Witness? Do you want her to be happy but doing what you want?

Let her be if you really love her let her do what makes HER happy not you.

Never mind what religion she is.

Marriages that fail have one or two very selfish people that want to change each other or just one of them.

Let her be unless you just want what YOU WANT.

People that become a JW usually have a need or problem give them that need solve there problem and they will drop the JW's like a ton of bricks. Maybe she like being with people that give rather than take?

And remember as much as you think you are right there is always that chance you could be wrong!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome S.Slave - interesting comments and a different viewpoint. I like it.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    People that become a JW usually have a need or problem give them that need solve there problem and they will drop the JW's like a ton of bricks. Maybe she like being with people that give rather than take?

S.S. are you saying that JWs are givers?

You are either a JW troll or have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe you should go back and read enlightenecynics earlier posts... its his wife who is trying to control him, not the other way around...

No Apologies

• Carmel
    Carmel

Ah I love the "new world" catch-all response. If you don't have an answer or the obvious is too threatening, just duck it and throw it into the "we'll know in the new world" bin! I do hope your wife will begin to think, but it sounds to me, she's too well trained to turn off the "independent" thinking for the safety of recitation of JW speak!

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit