18,136 More Publishers in March

by Joker10 36 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

And another thing....

Over a million publishers sales executives in the US spending an average of 4 hours per month (and often more if you are a full time distributor) should be able to find at least one person each per year that is naive enough to believe that by reading and selling their books they will live forever.

That would result in a 100% increase each year....now that would be impressive! LOL

I think they have drastically underperformed and should all be sacked!

Db74

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Did ya enjoy the resolution?

Don't remind me...

• sir82
    sir82

Any single month's report numbers are utterly meaningless. The year's average is the only thing even approaching a meaningful number.

Remember that the 1,010,000 represents the number of slips of paper turned between March 31 and April 6. It has little relation to the number of persons "preaching" in March 2006.

A rather large portion of that count represents little slips of paper turned in for previous months of "activity". For example, in our congregation, a married couple somehow "forgot" to turn in their time for 5 consecutive months. After being pestered by their Book Study conductor (sine they were on the edge of turning "inactive"), they suddenly remembered that they did indeed "preach" for the preceding 5 months. So, for that month, instead of 2 reports being received, there were 12 received for that couple.

There is no way, on the form that is sent to the Society, to indicate how many reports are "for the current month" vs. "for prior months, but only reported now".

Factor in the ones who just make up numbers to keep elders off their backs, and the ones who spend "just an hour informally witnessing" (more likely, 5 minutes "rounded up"), and the ones who have no return visits but are more than happy to ride around in a car for 2 hours doing other peoples' RVs, and the number is basically reflective of nothing.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I've not seen a witness on my street in at least 2 years

None have been by my place in over a year either (naturally I'm devastated LOL). And it's not because they've blacklisted me because none of them know I've moved.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Excellent point, sir82....

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary, that was beautiful!!! Joker, you live up to your name! We all know the numbers thingy is nonsense. When I was Secretary, I'd get elders and publishers tell me: "Put me down for 13". Yeah, sure.... I knew elders and ms's that wrote time spent (4 hrs.) with family study that NEVER did it!! Yup, theose numbers are most accurate!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The increase is probably those displaced by Hurricane Katrina and illegal immigrants coming from Mexico.

WT is well aware that people are slowing down and "running, each one to his own house."

Baptisms have been DOWN this service year so far.

At our recent DC, there were about 10 new publishers baptized,

Meeting attendance is down. But even good meeting attendance does not mean that hearts and minds are in the "on" position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit