JW media site updated regarding child abuse: "Jehovah's Witnesses Response"

by truthseeker 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

WT is in damage control mode...

http://www.jw-media.org/

Video News Releases

Jehovah's Witnesses' Response
    "Child abuse is an evil. It is an evil of our time. . . . The Bible says you should hate what is bad, and that certainly would include child abuse. . . . Our top priority is to protect the victims."

http://www.jw-media.org/vnr/2122827332/713173.htm

Inquiries on Child Abuse
    Jehovah's Witnesses' Response

"Child abuse is an evil. It is an evil of our time. ... The Bible says you should hate what is bad, and that certainly would include child abuse. ... Our top priority is to protect the victims."

J. R. Brown, Organizational Spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses;
    Philip Brumley, General Counsel for Jehovah's Witnesses
    TRT: 1:54
    Transcript (in pdf format)

Media professionals are invited to contact:
    Office of Public Information
    Telephone: (718) 560-5600
    FAX: (718) 560-5619

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

By the way, this video is not new, but it appeared within the last day or two I reckon, because the link was not on the page a week or so ago when I last visited this site.

• LDH
    LDH

It was originally there as a follow up to the Dateline Story and was recently placed back there. Agree.

The interviews themselves date back to 2002.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I was there yesterday afternoon(jw-media) and no clip so it's very new indeed.

Dams

• arwen
    arwen

At the very end of the clip it says, copyright 2002 so maybe it was done after the dateline show.

• Kudra
    Kudra

JR Brown is black? Huh, I guess that doesn't really matter but I always pictured, well, J.R. from "Dallas" or something...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It would be good if we could send emails to jw-media requesting information about Cano, and how many other pedophile elders there are at Bethel that they holy spirit has not been concerned with uncovering. I can't find any email address on either of the Watchtower sites. Does anyone know what the watchtower media email address is?

• vitty
    vitty

I was given this E.mail adress by someone from here, although I dont know if its correct

[email protected]--------------------- Admin name Joel Gott. I got this info from watchtower cc. com , by the way it is an excellent site with loads of information that is set out really well. Very easy to use

Hope it helps

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thank you Vitty,

It will be effective to send emails asking what is going on about the whole pedophile issue. It has to affect the people that have to read the emails coming in.

When I was in Aussie Bethel the Secretary to the Service Department left and went virtually inactive as going through all the problem letters that he had to resolve, including pedophile cases was more than his faith could cope with.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Whenever it was recorded is irrelevant, they havent said anything about what actions they are taking in terms of protecting potential victims as well as those already damaged; they havent said anyting that is verifiable and to top it off....on the list of priorities is 'helping the perpetrator' WTF?

How can the WTS help the perpetrator; he/she needs medical and psychiatric help, not some fix all solution such as pray more, study more and get to meetings more! I am sorry but I am f**ing furious!

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit