How did you feel the first few meetings you missed?

by Mysterious 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Good point of being more spiritual. Jw meetings are a lot of drone like behavior and rote repetition. I don't know about you but if my best friend always came over and talked about the same 5 things in a monotone 3 times a week I'd be thinking we didn't have a good relationship.

• QueenBee
    QueenBee

I felt guilty at first, but then I realized how much more TIME I had and how much relaxed I was on the way home from work, knowing that I didn't have to hurry and change to get ready for meeting.

LOL at Blondie for knowing tonight is not a meeting night. :)

Bee

• parakeet
    parakeet

I felt a massive sense of relief not having to endure the endless, droning repetitions of WTS truth du jour. The only serpent in my paradise was knowing my parents would be soon be calling me about why I didn't go.

• alienagent
    alienagent

Well, I am not sure how it might feel to stay home on a meeting night, because I work for a newspaper on the evening shift M-F. So really my time is occupied with work. As for Sunday mornings I barely make it, maybe 1 or 2 times monthly. I live with my mother and I try to go to make her happy, however, that will change when I move closer to my job. My mom, bless her heart, is a basket case Sunday mornings as she tries to get ready. We rarely make it on time.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I felt really strange when I firsty started missing meetings, and a little guilty, but I soon found things to do to fill the void, and I wouldn't have time to attend now, even if I wanted to, I'm far too busy.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Strange abit, but I have more time now as to do important things in life....Those meetings where always a waste of time as I had to put everything else on the backburner.

• blondie
  • jambon1
    jambon1

I really felt sad for my wife having to take the kids on her own at 1st but as time wore on I realised just how liberating it is not to have life ruled by meeting times. I am very tired at the best of times and meeting nights are stressful with kids.

• delilah
    delilah

I felt guilty, at first. Then I thought about the comments that would come my way, at the next meeting, and I realized that I didn't want to be there ever again.

Then I even forgot what nights were meeting nights.And I got on with my life, and my freedom.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I was going to college and had homework to do! I remember it came down to a choice of doing homework in my Greek class (which involved biblical texts, btw) or wasting the night going to the book study to pour over that BS Revelation Climax! book. It was a no brainer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit