How did you feel the first few meetings you missed?

by Mysterious 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Keeli
    Keeli

It was weird for me. I was married to the idiot on the fast track to being an MS and of course ditching me helped his chances, lol. We went to all the meetings including going to dinners with elders so a proper amount of butt kissing could be applied.

So way more meetings than a person could handle to zero meetings. For me this was done in a short period of time.

When I left the meeting with the elders I knew I'd never return. My husband and I had just split up so I resigned myself to huge changes ahead and not attending meetings was a wonderful step.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

For me it was more the first meeting I went BACK to after not being for months that freaked me out.

Long story short... after leaving Bethel I had every intention of continuing as a Reg Pioneer... I was house sitting for a JW family when I left Bethel and ended up having sex in a hot tub with another young brother. I knew then there was no going back. I had crossed a line and that was the end of my JW life. I attended one more meeting and felt the weight of guilt on my shoulders... especially when he walked in and chatted away to all and sundry, myself included, as if NOTHING had happened. I simply STOPPED going to meetings. This was in February 1995. I agreed to attend the memorial with my folks that year and I felt so weird... I remember listening to the talk and passing the bread and wine thinking how bizarre this ritual was... That was the last meeting I ever attended... well, until a few years ago when I went along as a wind up..... but that's a WHOLE other controversial story told on these VERY boards some 4 years ago!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit