People calling me... >.<

by Garrett 19 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

When we moved to a cong far from our previous cong, I gave the new Secretary Elder my cell-phone number, because I have it connected in the car, and only use it for emergencies.

Not one Witness here has our home number - and that's the way it's staying! :)

• jhine
    jhine

Reading down the replies I thought ToesUp had the right idea , well still does , but then I got to rebel8's post and that was a brilliant idea . That would deter any caller .

Once when I was getting some funny calls I answered" Sage and Onion Taxidermists how can I help ? "that put an end to that .

Jan

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    My father in law used to answer unwanted calls with, "City Morgue. You stab 'em, we slab 'em!"
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    Those were serious suggestions. You may find it effective to go on the offensive, using their own wackadoodle beliefs as your weapon against them.
  • wakeupbuttercup
    wakeupbuttercup

answer that unknown call - trust me I used to hate answering unknown numbers too because you know it's probably about bills, some bad news.

but maybe this unknown person will tell you a good news.

signed with love

abigail

• JakeM2012
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I hate getting those calls also, That's why for years I didn't delete the "friends" phone numbers.

However, as seen in this clip, Those late night phone calls can get you in trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gqQYuipF7U

• jhine
    jhine

Rebel8 , I did not mean to imply that your suggestions were not serious .You are right ,starting a conversion on your terms can be enpowering and remove the fear factor .

Jan

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Oh I wasn't offended or anything! Just a follow up post on an interesting topic.
  • jhine
    jhine

Pheew, cheers rebel8.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit