SO, What happened to : "the generation will not pass away" idea ???????

by The_Replacement 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    My baby brother who was in high school read it and got the point real fast. To this day, he is not a JW (Thank God!)

The beauty of false prohecy exposed

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi replacement, and welcome to the forum.

The generation change came in 1995, when maybe that "generation" was getting a little too close to passing away before the "end" came, so the wts came up with some "new crap light".

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Yes, I remember this article when it came out. I still look at all these publications which directly mention this to take place. I'm getting so tired of this. What a slap to the face for all the people that believed they would never grow old and did not prepare for the future.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ that picture on the front page. They're all white.

Lisa

• heathen
    heathen

I always believed that the generation would pass away because the scripture does not promise eternal life but rather the generation would not pass away until all those things took place . I do remember getting in discussions with the j-dubs over it but they insisted on the other understanding . They believed the remaining remnant would stil be alive when the final battle for world domination takes place but after reading revelation there is no way any of them are left at that time . Revelation 6:9-11 It's a tricky doctrine there, since it's not actually saying everybody is dead either just the generation itself passes away.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    It's a tricky doctrine there, since it's not actually saying everybody is dead either just the generation itself passes away.

Well, it'll be both pretty soon - and I do mean the secular understanding of "soon"

• heathen
    heathen

The WTBTS now believes that the cut off for anointment was 1935 since the number of partakers began to dwindle , they also state that the new testament was written for the anointed exclusively so what they are saying is that the "rapture" is only for them which will include those of the generation of 1935 of which we know that generation is also fading quickly . Now that scripture I posted earlier clearly says that the number of the holy remnant are killed before vengeance is let loose on a wicked generation . I conclude that the "rapture" ( as called by fundametalists) is for the great crowd only .

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    they also state that the new testament was written for the anointed exclusively so what they are saying is that the "rapture" is only for them which will include those of the generation of 1935 of which we know that generation is also fading quickly

Which is what makes the WTS look really, really ridicolous. If the number was "zealed" in 1935, the "annointed" at that time was at least no younger than 30 (it takes a bit of spiritual maturity to figure out that you are "annointed", I hear). Which means that they are now 100 years old. How many hundred-yearolds do you know? And hundred-yearold jws? I never met anyone. If the rapture came tonight (lol),maybe you`d see one or two wrinkled-up old farts flying off into the air, to old and senile to even know what was going on. Would be quite a sight. Fly, granny, fly.

• VM44
    VM44

bttt

• wannabe
    wannabe

Hello All!

I put one on the Board yesterday, but see it isn't here for some reason. The Generation that will not pass away, has to be the Generation of the eighth King mentioned by John at Revelation 17:11. The last rulng World Power on the scene to go off into destruction doing battle with the Lamb of God. That fellow is in among the Ten Horns mentioned at Daniel 7:8. Three of the Ten are uprooted to make room for this little Horn who turns out to be the stern-faced King of Daniel 8:23-25. He's the one who runs up against the Prince of Princes and gets the you know what kicked out of him. He's the last one on the scene and as yet has not surfaced. But he's there right now among the Ten Horns. Check it out see for yourselves.John said he sprang from the seven. He meant after three were pulled out by the roots, that left only seven; the place where the eight king was to spring from. He said: "From the Seven" Didn't he? Wannabe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit