WHAT MAKES EX-JW'S UNIQUE TO CREATE A DISCUSSION FORUM LIKE THIS?

by hopie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Katiekitten, sorry to say but your not really an All Caps person are you? You used mixed - lower and high case letters, sorry.

• anewme
    anewme

I briefly joined a "barfer's forum"......but it made me sick.....honest to God!

(It kind of cured me! jeeesh!)

Check it out: eatingdisordersforum.com

I also checked out some supposedly "Christian sites" but they were calling each other "tampon head"
    and other atrocities and I got upset and fled those boards. They did not seem to have any rules or limits
    or guidelines as to ettiquete.

I am very comfortable and pleased with JWD and learn alot more than religion here.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Auldsoul, your fish story is great. I really like that.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Auldsoul,

Yeah, freaks and missing links caught in between.

Perhaps there are too many dangers in the water so we really need to keep on flopping, hoping to evolveā€¦together here, perhaps inadvertently learning to fly on the ultimate Scuba-diving forum.
    VG of the flopping and hoping to fly class

Edited to say: somebody flew ahead

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I don't think it is unique either, but I find it exceptionally rich.

And I believe this is partly because what we (> 90 % of us) have in common is a negative and we cannot, and do not, limit our discussion to that. We are not supposed to agree on anything positive, yet we feel free to talk about it.

In most social relationships (whether "real" or "virtual," the difference is not so big) one has to give positive signs to be accepted, and as a result people hesitate a lot before voicing a difference.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks for that insight, Narkissos. I had noticed that, but didn't know exactly what it was I was looking at. I think you are very much on target, there. I don't feel pressure to agree, I don't feel pressure to withhold expression, I only feel pressure to use proper grammar and avoid overuse of ALL CAPS, red/redbold, highlighting, OR SOME mix of all THREE.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hopie,

Thanks - we all like to feel special !

However, I think each of the groups you mentioned probably DO have a similar support system. I'm too lazy to look them up, but I'd bet on it.

• hopie
    hopie

AuLdSoUl

I AgReE Ha !

Respectfully,

Hopie

• Bookey
    Bookey

We are all perfect and sane.

Those who say we are all imperfect are not sane. (JW's)

Our uniqueness is an example of perfection in creation.

To be a non-individual is an example of imperfection.

To be part of a borg cube is not perfect.

Machines are imperfect.

Humans are not since humans have hearts.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

WE'RE UNIQUE...JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit