Breaking News - JW Arrested

by NYCkid 38 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mysonsmum
    mysonsmum

He wasn't a lover of Jehovah he was just a fake!!!!!!

• sir82
    sir82

He had 100's, if not thousands, of people fooled for years, maybe for decades. He was an elder and a Bethelite.

How many members of your congregation are fooling you? Are your kids safe when they go to the Kingdom Hall?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Exactly Sir82. How many photos did this pervert take of youngsters at the Kingdom Hall? How many photos or videos did the upstanding example of a christian take when he was responsible for young ones in the field ministry? None? Perhaps, but time will tell.

Would you have had any problem with a bethelite taking your 9,10 or 11 year old son in service? I wouldn't have.

I am disgusted. I hope cnn, fox, msnbc and others pick this up.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

kind of sickening to think money i donated to the watchtower over my lifetime helped pay for this guys food , clothing and shelter.

• undercover
    undercover

sonsmum has a point...

This guy wasn't a lover of Jehovah...but he was a Jehovah's Witness. There are some people who are JWs who really have faith in "Jehovah" and believe that they are a true worshipper of the true God. This guy didn't. He was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

What this shows, or should show anyone willing to think about it at all, is that just because you claim to be a JW doesn't make you a lover of God, or a lover of righteousness or even a "good" person. It's just a name. It's just another religion. There is no safety or benefit to being a JW. You're no safer from predators being in the JW religion than you are any other religion. In fact, it may less safe, if the reports of abuse filtering from within the relgion to the outside are factual.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

He may have been a fake lover of Jehovah, but he was a real JDub and apparently a real lover of little boys. And butts. The oppressiveness of the society breeds this type of sexual deviancy in the those who are susceptible. And I will go further and say that the WTS' naivety in these matters is harmful - they are so pompous and self-righteous that they do not bother to become informed about sexual deviancy in their midst. "Just study and go to meetings and leave it in Jehoover's hands." Not good enough by a long-shot.

• rassillon
    rassillon

What are you guys talking about? He was informal witnessing and that was a new tract he was using, Homo News #Under18 If I recall correctly.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Who can say if he loved jehovah, or not? Not that that matters, cuz, to be a jw, you have to love the wt society. I have heard of people loving jehovah and still being dffed cus they dissagreed w the society in some thing.

Maybe the wt will attempt cut all ties and liabiblities w this guy.

S

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    undercover: What this shows, or should show anyone willing to think about it at all, is that just because you claim to be a JW doesn't make you a lover of God, or a lover of righteousness or even a "good" person. It's just a name. It's just another religion. There is no safety or benefit to being a JW. You're no safer from predators being in the JW religion than you are any other religion. In fact, it may less safe, if the reports of abuse filtering from within the relgion to the outside are factual.

That was very well put. I would only add that it is definitely less safe than many other religions. If for no other reason, it is less safe because JW parents view fellow believers as more safe.

In response to the brief comment by mysonsmum, that 50-year-old Bethel Elder (not the same as a congregation elder who is also at Bethel) sure put the moves on the holy spirit, Governing Body, Branch Overseers, local body of elders, and several underage children, didn't he?

As a complete aside, it just occurred to me that the same organization that does not capitalize the words "holy spirit" does capitalize the words "Governing Body" and the words "Branch Overeer" etc. I am going to do some digging on that for another topic.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit