My big date!

by Sparkplug 31 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

You have a nice family, all your children look great, and Les Miserables is one of Victor Hugo's all time classics that I find so fascinating.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

That's a fine looking family, and you must be very proud! Thanks for showing us! Now, what did you say your son's phone number was?? (Old bat Virgochik blinks and drops her bi-focals in excitement!) Lol.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

What a BEAUTIFUL family!!!!

• parakeet
    parakeet

You guys are a good-lookin' family!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Those pictures are beautiful! I really like the last one of you all - you have a gorgeous family there. The kids look like sweethearts...sammieswife.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Aw peeps! Thank you. I am very thankful for them.

and Cabininthewoods.- it is braided long right now. So I kind of pulled it up and secured it with a chopstick. thank you for the compliment.

Now let me go find a bat and chase after the old bat.....oh, virgo babeeeeeeee! here kitty kitty kitty kitty.

• Brigid
    Brigid

My god, Sparky! You have a beautiful family, hon. Aren't children the greatest???

So, tell us about Les Miz...I LOVE ALW. My daughter can sing so beautifully and she learned as I listened to Les Miz ad nauseum when she was younger (she makes a great Cosette with Castle in a Cloud)

I love Fantine's song:

There was a time when men were kind,
    And their voices were soft,
    And their words inviting.
    There was a time when love was blind,
    And the world was a song,
    And the song was exciting.
    There was a time when it all went wrong...

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
    When hope was high and life, worth living.
    I dreamed that love would never die,
    I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
    Then I was young and unafraid,
    And dreams were made and used and wasted.
    There was no ransom to be paid,
    No song unsung, no wine, untasted.

But the tigers come at night,
    With their voices soft as thunder,
    As they tear your hope apart,
    And they turn your dream to shame.

He slept a summer by my side,
    He filled my days with endless wonder...
    He took my childhood in his stride,
    But he was gone when autumn came!

And still I dream he'll come to me,
    That we will live the years together,
    But there are dreams that cannot be,
    And there are storms we cannot weather!

I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living,
    So different now from what it seemed...
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You'd think Allowe was the one with braces, lol. Great pics.

So, how did they like the play?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm so sorry we had to miss it, Decki! Your son looks JUST like you, by the way -- all of your children are adorable.

Hugs,

Nina

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Brigid!

It is so odd as I scrolled down to your post I have been singing that exact song. And it was really good. I an not sure what it was but It was not as good as seeing it in London. It seemed like both times I got to go while over there the acting was consistantly amazing. Very exacting on the level of intensity the put into each and every line. And I must say both times, they were at equal levels of amazing. The only thing was the second time, they upgraded our tickets because they could and we got to sit in 2nd row. As cruzanheart said, "so close you could see saliva fly!" Now that was one show that I actually got my heart right in there. I started crying and could not stop. So hard I was trying to stifle my hiccups between blubbers.

But last night was an excellent act, but maybe I am spoilt now. Plus I was not in 2nd row. American audiences did not seem to take it as serious and a lot of people treated it as if it were a movie. Friday night I went using our season tickets in the upper levels. And I was so mad because these people got to the seat late and oooooh. that just made me so mad as hell. OK, Kharma slapped me accross the face last night. When we got there we were trying our hardest to get in and the guy taking money to park made us wait as he sat there in his car. So I got a little upset because we were on a close timeline. So just as we ran across three streets 2 parking lots and up the stairs.........no freaking joke, it started. The first note as I crossed in the door. So we had to miss the first 13 min. Because they do not let you in. I was thankful they did though because in London, that was it. You were not getting in.

So there I was with my pride and pettiness in my hand as we had to follow the attendant to our seats. Then as if that was not bad enough, we get there and he has the wrong section and he made these 3 people get out of their seats and made us look 10 times worse. So we get to our seats and this lady was waiting for her dose of kharma. She hissed at me...there is a reason it starts at 8...as I had whispered I am so sorry. She then mumbled a bunch of soft shitty things to herself.

So how come the guys next to her kept getting up and down and then proceeded to get drunk and stagger out to not return. I finally settled in for my ears were red and I wanted to crawl under the seat and if I had been alone I might have just not gone in. But I paid dearly for 5 tickets and we were going to see this. So as intermission came, I dare not move. I would have to pass her and my daughter was so mad and is very forward was about to be tacky. So we stayed seated. We were late and no matter what that was very annoying, (I know this from experience.) She did proceed to slam us through intermission loudly bitching to all around her until (It must have been her parent) gave her a huge hint and said, "look how beautiflu these children are. Here for a big night with their mother." She got the message just as I and my roommate turned to give her what for. Suddenly I saw enlightenment cross her face and she started to coo over my youngest and I saw a look on her face like she felt bad.

So it starts and in the second half this lady and her pal decided to jump seats. They cackled and wiggled around and were actually pretty big girls and took a long time getting around our newly humbled lady. .

I think payback and lessons were on a fast learning curve last night. I told my daughter that I had just had a huge serving of humble pie.

So last may have been a bit under tense circumstances. But also, the actors took a lot of freedoms with the script. They switched it up a lot with the songs. Parts where they would sing the script, I found the actors were actually speaking the lines. Kind of like they were trying out something new. I don't know. But it all worked out fine, but it was not as I had worked so hard to plan. It was a case of everything gone wrong. I stayed calm, but I was very stressful having that mishap. I am a theater snob in the sense that it is not a movie and it is not a place to have cellphones and don't hoop and holler and wolfcall.

Now something neat was that "In my life" was done so well that he about got a standing ovation in the middle of the act, He stopped and waited and just as we thought he would continue he flicked his hands a bit for more. Then the audience really lost it. He broke his part for just a second as a smile crossed his face. That made it all better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit