Just returned from the 2006 (Armageddon's here) "Deliverance At Hand" DO

by apocalypse 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• fjtoth
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

LOL!!! good one

• Quandry
    Quandry

fjtoth, you make some very good points on the use of the internet. No doubt, by now, the Society is aware of the many sites that have uncovered the U.N. scandal. You might think that they would respond to this situation, perhaps explaining themselves on the net. They have reacted with a conspiracy of silence. The net is how I found out. Now, of course, if I were to question anyone in the congregation about real public news, I would be guilty of apostacy even though it is true!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here's the flip . . .

• VM44
    VM44

Larger version of image Gary posted --VM44

• VM44
    VM44

"What will the 1970's bring?"

OHHHH, I want to know! I want to know! What will happen in the 1970's?

Wait! This is 2006! Nothing happened in the 1970's! Despite "reliable Bible chronology" indicating that the end of man's 6,000 years of existence was in 1975.

Also JWs now say that "We didn't say anything was going to happen in 1975". How they can say that with a straight face and ACTUALLY not believe they are lying is beyond me.

--VM44

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    The Witnesses can resolve to do what ever they want on that stage, and in front of the congregation. Yet in the private time at home, in front of that computer connected to the Internet, with no one watching .... well, there is no one policing that resolution then.

Didn't you hear? The Elders are getting a few new tools to sheepard the flock with...."Black Bags" and Keyloggers. And these items will accompany a new book for Elders only with the title "The Congregations Internet Security."

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    The Witnesses can resolve to do what ever they want on that stage, and in front of the congregation. Yet in the private time at home, in front of that computer connected to the Internet, with no one watching .... well, there is no one policing that resolution then.

Didn't you hear? The Elders are getting a few new tools to sheepard the flock with...."Black Bags" and Key Loggers. And these items will accompany a new book for Elders only with the title "The Congregations Internet Security."

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Wait! This is 2006! Nothing happened in the 1970's! Despite "reliable Bible chronology" indicating that the end of man's 6,000 years of existence was in 1975.

I saw something my wife brought home from a meeting a few weeks ago. It was something that someone had printed up showing the timeline when you consider a 1000 years is one day to Jah. Now don't you know that only a few SECONDS have passed since 1975!!!

My take on this nonsense is that time is time. If you are an eternal being, I'm sure 1000 years does not seem that long....but it is still 1000 years.

This is of course only applies if you don't get into the whole "space time" thing of Star Trek.

• observador
    observador

fjtoth,
    thanks for sharing the story on the GB members. Your recount will be most valuable to many lurkers here.

Observador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit