Sydney Taxi Drivers - Warning for all Sydney visitors

by misspeaches 14 Replies latest social humour

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Okay Sydney taxi drivers have me baffled... I went up to Sydney for work last week and availed myself of the taxi services... Let me relate to you my experiences.

I arrive at Sydney airport and catch a cab to Lane Cove. I have a driver who originates from India. He moved here 7 years ago. A very chatty young fellow who enjoys frequent use of the words f*ck, f*cked and f*cking. He boasted to me about having had sexual relations with no less than 211 of his female passengers and had photos of all of their v@ginas to prove it. He also wanted to know how I enjoyed sex myself? I quote - 'Do you like it strong? I bet you like it hard and strong.' I was baffled as to how best to respond to this so gave him a deer in headlights stare instead.

At the end of the day the taxi I had booked didn't turn up when everyone else's did. I am standing outside a building in the cold waiting and waiting. I get a call from the taxi company to tell me my taxi is waiting outside for me. I informed the operator that is not the case as I have been waiting there for 20 minutes and there has been no taxi. She replied it is on its way. 10 minutes later I call the company back. This operator tells me that I have no booking. I advised that I must for the previous operator to have called me. She insists it never happened and books another taxi. 1 minute later my original cab turns up. 5 minutes later the taxi company try calling me again. I recognise the number and don't answer.. (LOL)

That night I decided to catch the bus to Chatswood for late night shopping. I kept getting lost, after about an hour I eventually found my way back to the bus stop. As I waited for my bus I noticed a verbal dispute going on between a 4wd driver and a taxi driver. The 4wd was in a taxi rank and the taxi driver wanted him to move. After much fighting a vacant space appeared a little bit further down (2 car spaces) and so went and parked there. The 4wd went and double parked beside the taxi. The passenger and driver jumped out (I think it was husband and wife) and tried to yank open the door of the taxi. Luckily it was locked. The three of them began screaming and swearing at the top of their lungs. Soon the taxi driver stepped out of the car and punched the driver in the head. he stumbled back then grabbed the taxi man and tackled him to the ground. Punching and rolling around and screaming and swearing ensued. Other taxi drivers came to the rescue. They eventually both drive off. Now that's road rage!

The next morning I have another taxi booked. This time I am waiting 50 minutes after my booking time for a taxi. I find out that taxi drivers don't like short fares and won't take them. I was quite angry at ALL sydney taxi drivers for a good two hours. Next time I will say in the booking that I am going to the other side of Sydney and then change it when they pick me up. That will teach them a lesson!

Stinkin Sydney taxi drviers....

• JH
    JH

I can see you in that taxi miss peaches . I don't know if you regognize the city...

hey, you guys drive on the wrong side of the street

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Poor luv...............the lengths you'll go to just to crash a good wedding party. calling it work! LOL

You know nicole and keith kept the reception to a strict 200 guests. they did tell you they just couldn't afford one extra person. You did chuck a tanty and that didin't work! And Chatswood is nowhere near Manly! Oh luv.

cheers.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Us drive on the wrong side of the road??? I think not ratty.... I believe you guys are the disorientated ones!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Okay Sydney taxi drivers have me baffled...

They don't have me baffled at all: they're quite simply a pack of complete a...wipes!

I arrive at Sydney airport and catch a cab to Lane Cove. I have a driver who originates from India. He moved here 7 years ago. A very chatty young fellow who enjoys frequent use of the words f*ck, f*cked and f*cking. He boasted to me about having had sexual relations with no less than 211 of his female passengers and had photos of all of their v@ginas to prove it. He also wanted to know how I enjoyed sex myself? I quote - 'Do you like it strong? I bet you like it hard and strong.'

My wife was propositioned by a young Indian guy in pretty well the same way when she was about your age. But who are we to judge another person's culture?

He also wanted to know how I enjoyed sex myself? I quote - 'Do you like it strong? I bet you like it hard and strong.' I was baffled as to how best to respond to this so gave him a deer in headlights stare instead.
    You should have told him you like it weak and insipid, the good old fashioned Caucasian way. What a wanker!
  • Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Next time I will say in the booking that I am going to the other side of Sydney and then change it when they pick me up. That will teach them a lesson!

That doesn't work - they'll either take you where you originally booked for, or leave you there to wait for another cab.

A...holes!

Sydney taxi drivers have got to be the most useless piles of crap I've had the misfortune of having to deal with over the years. I've not had similar problems with cab drivers in Auckland, Noumea, or even here in Wollongong - quite often my discussions with Wollongong drivers are about what a bunch of cowboys Sydney cabdrivers are.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Pity you didn't tape it - he'd have been arrested - it's against the law.

Still, I would avoid Sydney taxis like the plague that they are - a pox on them! They generally don't know where they are, try every way they can think of to rack up the fare and....still, i used to use them frequently for business, mainly because I had no choice, but still it was an ordeal.

Mind you, it can be worse. Last year, Mrs Ozzie and I arrived at Phnom Penh airport, Cambodia and had to get a cab to our friends' house in the western suburbs. The poor guy only knew the way from the airport to the CBD, and (like many cambodians) wasn't familiar with a map. he tried looking at one but couldn't read it and after some frustration, I relieved him of his map (which he was holding upside-down!!) and proceeded first to find the suburb, then the street on the map. Then came the really hard part: trying to marry this interpretation with what we were seeing "on the ground". Still, imagine our relief when we found the street where our freinds live! I have no idea how the cabbie found his way back to the main road to the city - he could be still lost for all I know!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((Bliss)))) how are you luv? ha i wish i was trying to crash the wedding.... LOL

I'm glad that I am not alone with my experiences and sydney taxis. I seriously was shocked. Its incredibly different here where I live. I find them to be very courteous and helpful and never vulgar!

At least I could speak the same language as them though Ozzie! That helps a bit. And its true about them trying to find ways to up the fare. For example I had to pay for tolls both ways and I never went through a toll road. But they claim they had to get through a toll to get to me. (AS IF) Luckily I had cab charges, but still. They are scammers.

Stephanus I second your sentiments PERFECTLY.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You silly thing Miss Peaches, you should have given me a call and i could have given you a lift, at least I speak English and use deoderant.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

are you a taxi driver jwfacts? if so i will definately use your services when I'm up there again in a fortnight! oops. I just remembered - you work in accounting or something don't you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit