Please Help Me Help My Mom To See The Stupidity Of The Blood Doctrine

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

She constantly parrots Acts 15:29 to "abstain from blood". She showed me the latest Awake that says something about how's there's a rare disease from taking blood transfusions that "hundreds" have gotten. I told her "hundreds in billions is nothing". Then she went on about how we had to abstain from blood in every way. I told her she should not eat meat since blood exists within the meat. I brought up how blood "fractions" are allowed so it's technically a violation of Acts. I mentioned how organ transplants are a conscience matter and I tried to reason with her explaining that taking a heart out of a living person and putting it into another person means that their blood is going into your body since you cannot drain a heart out of its blood. Still this normally intelligent woman can't get it...... HELP!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

awe shucks mini, maybe you just can't teach an old dog new tricks......at her age why does she need to change her belief system? I say leave her alone with her religion and it's stupid policies and just get on with your life. If in the future you need blood, take it, in fact start donating your blood. If in the future she needs blood, well then I guess it's time for goodbyes, but remember it's her decision.

But then hey that's just me, maybe the fight is gone out of me?

• supersonic
    supersonic
    If in the future she needs blood, well then I guess it's time for goodbyes, but remember it's her decision.

My granda was told that without having blood it was almost certain he would die, they did everything they could to get him to take the blood but he wouldn't budge, this was a very serious operation and he came through it unscathed and is still with us 5 years later and has had no problems since.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

mini there is that blood website.. i'm not real familiar with its contents but you might want to look it over. http://www.ajwrb.org/

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Ask her about all those people who died before organ transplants were an option. Explain that God doesn't change his mind, and new light is a big crock.

• uk humanist
    uk humanist

supersonic: My granda was told that without having blood it was almost certain he would die, they did everything they could to get him to take the blood but he wouldn't budge, this was a very serious operation and he came through it unscathed and is still with us 5 years later and has had no problems since.

Your point being?

• minimus
    minimus

Good comments (except I still have fight in me, BC). My mom's come a long way!!!!! She just keeps repeating that verse while ignoring the obvious. Out of respect for her decisions, I would NOT give her blood against her wishes but she''s ill and her doc told her that in no way would he work on her for an operation without blood.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I gave up years ago trying to convince my parents about the stupidity of the blood ban. Since I live fairly close by, whenever they need to be hospitalized (pretty often since they're elderly), I try to make sure I'm there not only for emotional support but also just in case they need blood. Don't know if that would fly with docs, but at least my parents have a slightly better chance if I'm there.

Supersonic: ***My granda was told that without having blood it was almost certain he would die, they did everything they could to get him to take the blood but he wouldn't budge, this was a very serious operation and he came through it unscathed and is still with us 5 years later and has had no problems since.***
    He was very, very, very lucky. Can you guarantee that everyone in a medical crisis who refuses blood will survive and recover? Your recitation of one fortunate example does not in any imply that that will be the outcome in every case.

• supersonic
    supersonic
    Your point being?

I was only stating my only experience with regards the blood situation, do you have a problem with that? She said that you might as well say goodbye if they don't have a blood transfusion.

It says refrain from blood so as far as i am concernd you do that.

Your recitation of one fortunate example does not in any imply that that will be the outcome in every case.

Obviously that isn't the outcome in every case or no one would be dieing. People are so quick to pick faults.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't know if this will help or not, but I wrote a blood brochure--it's on my web site at www.jwinfo.8m.com/activism.htm On that page, there are also links to ajwrb's downloadable brochures which may help too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit