Guess who just stopped by!

by drew sagan 11 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Funny how I allways read these threads about how people say the JWs just stopped by and think how goofy it all is. Well, as I was sitting here at home watching Amazon Fishbowl with Bill Maher a knocking came at the door. Well wouldn't you know it was some JWs from another congregation (I don't live in the territory of the cong. where I used to attend). Since their DC is up and coming they where handing out the convention invitations with WT and Awakes. The husband was at my door and I could see the wife taking some of the kids to the neighbors house. We talked about a minute or two, he wanted to keep moving along because they where a little bit 'behind'.
    I find it amazing that you can take a group like the JWs, get all of these people to spend huge amounts of time in this 'preaching' work that in the end dosn't really acomplish much. Any other form of volunteer work is discouraged, no social acts of kindness are done. It's no that the people woulnd't like to do things for their communities, but since they are told that their #1 priority is to preform works in one specific way they just keep at it. Dosn't the WT realize that MORE PEOPLE whould be interested in their religion if they where a bit more social? Not giving freely to people and then asking (bible stuides) in return. When will the leadership ever learn?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    When will the leadership ever learn?

I doubt they ever will. They'll just keep doing the same old things in ,ore or less the same old way, waiting for a paradise that isn't going to happen, until the day they die. Did you tell the guy who knocked you are an ex jw? If not, you might get visited again soon. There are a couple more "special" campaigns coming this year, apparently.

• nowisee
    nowisee

don't you think that part of it is they just don't REALLY want to talk to you? they are ill-equipped to answer questions out of line from what is rote? they don't really understand what they believe?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Drew,

Did you tell him you are/were a JW?

I'm of the opinion that if even once a month there was a meeting for charitable service at each KH- to help those within the cong. people would be energized to get out in the preaching work the other weeks.

The leadership is clueless - they think they're mother (or maybe really a parent) - that they say to do something & the pubs should obey.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its not about saving lives..its about numbers...hours and money. oh.. and control

• blondie
    blondie

Insanity Is Doing Same Thing Again and Again and Expecting Different Results.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Whew! It was only a bunch of clueless JWs. I thought at first it was the elders coming by to give you more grief.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I volunteered at a food pantry for awhile and wouldn't you know it an Elder gave a talk about how it is a waste of our time to volunteer for social programs like food pantries. These people need spiritual food ! .... I gave him my two cents worth later, but I should have told him to tell that to their stomachs . It use to drive me crazy when we drove around Saturday mornings for service and only talking maybe to one person. We live in a rural area and most service time is spent driving .It was such a waste of time and money !

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I know the people who stopped by since I used to go to that congregation. The dad actually told the son "do you know who this is? It's another worshiper of Jehovah". I don't think the kid caught on.
    I know the WTS will never change. They are going to keep asking the membership to do this particualr method of preaching as long as they are in business. It's just a shame it has to be that way. But that's how it is

• yucca
    yucca

I wonder if the price of gas has slowed the door to door work window washers and janitors dont make much money to afford gas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit