Hello to all ... I've finally decided to sign up

by In Between 50 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Welcome , you will be glad you decided to join in the discussions. I could relate to your post so much especially about the conditional friendships witnesses display. You are not alone in that department . I gave a talk in January, and then never went back to meetings .Yet after 27 years of attending none of my so called friends have bothered to stop by and ask why or see if I'm dead ! Really proved to me they do not posess Christ like love . After being a witness all my life the big "A" thing still tends to scare me , but it is lessening as time goes by. To fill the need for friendship start looking to people you work with, or get involved in a hobby. Volunteer for something that puts you in contact with other people . All the best to you

• In Between
    In Between

Wow ... I can't thank you all enough for your welcome and thoughts. I am serously touched, and appreciate so many, so quickly, sharing their welcome with me. This is a real emotional time for me, as I'm sure it has been for so many of you. Though I've been 'fading' for some time, there was always that little bit of 'holding on', that last bit of thread as one member put it. I'm not going to D.A. myself. I'm an only child of two parents in their early 70's. It would be too crushing to them and I can't do that after everything they have done for me in my life. For now they just know I'm inactive. I guess the goatee sends that message. And that can start me on another rant ... LOL.

Once again, thanks. I look forward to meeting and getting to know some of my new friends here :)

That is the conclusion that I've come too the last month or so.

• hopie
    hopie

WELCOME (IN BETWEEN)

YOUR FIRST STEP TO LEAVE AN APOSTATE ORGANIZATION ( CULT ), IS A HEALTHY SPIRITUAL STEP, YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF AS A SPIRITUAL CHILD WITH A CLEAN SLATE, TO START OVER. FINALLY TO BE ABLE TO WORSHIP YOUR CREATOR ACCORDING TO YOUR CONSCIENCE.

A (JW) ASKED ME A QUESTION BEFORE I ACTUALLY RESIGNED BACK IN 1983, KNOWING MY QUESTIONING WAS LEADING TO LEAVING THE ORGANIZATION, SAID: ".SO NOW YOU THINK YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT?" I SAID: "THE RIGHTEOUS WILL KEEP ON DOING RIGHTEOUS, AND THE WICKED WILL KEEP ON DOING WICKEDNESS" I LATER FOUND OUT THIS JW (OVERSEER), MOLESTED MY DAUGHTER WHEN SHE WAS 11 YEARS OLD.

YOU WILL FIND LOVE HERE ON THE BOARD, KEEP TUNED IN !!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Inbetween,

WELCOME!!!!

We are all glad you are here. I agree, as most here will, that the love in the organization is only conditional. A far cry from what Jesus taught. To love even your enemies, shows that they are not following his example. Otherwise they would still be showing love to those who simply have faded away or left. When you research many of the doctorines that make this organization stand out from others, and see there truely is lying and decipt taking place, you understand why they have only conditional love.

I too, was heartbroken when my best friend turned her back on me. I had just lost my grandfather, we were in the process of moving, and I we were in the middle of all our research on the organization. But at that time we were still fairly regular. My commenting had ceased though. I just couldn't do it anymore because of what I was finding out. My husband stepped aside from being a MS, and we were already starting to be gossiped about and backstabbed. Then I find out that my bestfriend told another friend that she thought we were bad association. She knew nothing of our researching. Just because we were not performing like we had been was her reasoning. What is mind blowing is that her and her husband had only been back in the organization for only about a year. They had been out for 10 years!!!!

Anyway, I was devistated. She from that point on began to shun me more and more. It wasn't long after that we completely stopped going. It is amazing how betrayed you feel. I completely understand your feelings. Hang in there. You will find you have new friends here, that truely understand what you are going through.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• arwen
    arwen

Hello,and a very warm welcome to the board. You have made the first step on your journey and a very difficult one to make. My posting on this board was one of the hardest things I had to do. After I made my first post I was waiting to get hit with a bolt of lightening! I have been so encouraged by the friends here. The guilt and fear that once ruled my life is no longer a problem for me. I hope you will find the "unconditional" love here on the board that you would never find at the KH.....I know I did..

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome In Between, the WTS likes to take but doesn't like to give that's why they are nowhere to be seen when a dub needs help but they jump at them when they don't follow the FDS line. It's a very selfish and unchristian organisation.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here's where you'll find that we all enjoyed a bond of brother and sisterhood that the governbody cannot break by throwing us out. They tell disfellowshipped ones not to talk to other dfed ones or those who have left or are apostate. It boils their blood that they can't keep us all from each other anymore. God, I love the internet!

• NoMoreMeetings
    NoMoreMeetings

Welcome In Between!

I was where you are 4 years ago.

The best thing that you have right now is your faith in God. He is REAL. and He loves you.

Get another translation of the Bible (not the NWT) and prayerfully start reading it. Ask to be taught by the Holy Spirit.

True Christianity will begin to reveal itself. It very simple. It is not judgmental. It will set you freel

Others have recommended Crisis of Conscience, which is excellent. In Search of Christian Freedom goes beyond Watchtower error and examines each person's freedom as a Christian.

God bless your journey.

NMM

• morwen
    morwen

Welcome! Glad you decided to jump in! Nearly all of us here share alot in common when it comes to what this religion has done to us and/or our families.Stick around and you will learn SO MUCH! It has help me alot!

Morwen

• sf
    sf
    Religious training, like we had from the Jehovah's Witnesses, is a disease. Recovery requires treatment. The treatment for me was education. I wish I'd had modern Internet resources when I was challenging my own delusions.

I agree here. For me, it's like having cancer, that's in remission. It's up to me to continue to stay educated in order to not get sick again.

Gary, I always enjoy your "spot on" posts. Thanks.

{{{in between, welcome}}

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit