Well, I'm stuck in my office in Manhattan for now

by Michael3000 33 Replies latest jw friends

• alirobbi
    alirobbi

Michael,

Thanks for checking in. My thoughts will be with you and with all the others in NY. Stay safe!

Robbi

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Good to know NYTelecom is safe, too. I am leaving now, as most everyone in my office has already left. EMS is passing out dust masks to all who on the streets. There is limited train service, so I am walking up to Grand Central Station instead of taking my usual #5 subway train there. I think it will be SO jam-packed, I may get there faster if I walk. Then, it's MetroNorth to Larchmont, where I live, in Westchester county - about 20 miles northeast of Manhattan. I'll check in here from my home computer - don't know when we'll be able to return to Manhattan.

Thanks again, folks. I appreciate all the kindness shown to me here. Let's all pray or send good vibes to the familes who have lost loved ones, co-workers and friends in this horrible disaster.

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

yes.....i am stuck in nj

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

nyt, i'm so glad you are okay too! (((((((nyt))))))

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

thanks peace

hugs

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Michael, how sad that you or anyone had to witness this first hand......Please keep us posted so that we know you are ok?

Lilacs

• Lindy
    Lindy

Michael,
    I am so sorry that you had to be there among the terror. I can only imagine what you and all the others involved directly with this, are going through.
    My oldest daughter has a boyfriend in NY and he lives on Long Island and was supposed to be by the World Trade Center this morning. She was frantic and finally got a hold of him. He didn't go into town this morning for some freaky reason.
    My youngest daughter knows one of the navy pentagon guards. She contacted his mother and she said he is okay but was in the lower building of one of the towers and saw everyone running out. Someone told him to run, so he started running. Part of the blast shoved him into a cement wall and broke his arm. But other than that, he is okay. The same daughter has a boyfriend who's father and grandfather's farm was a field over from where the PA plane crashed and he was really worried because he couldn't get a hold of his people. He finally did and they are okay. You just don't know how many people world wide are affected by this. It is awful.
    The same youngest daughter's friend has a brother and a father in the building. The son got out because he was called out to sign for an UPS package and the plane hit as he was signing. Needless to say he didn't go back in. He did go and volunteer at the hospital to help. The father is still missing.
    I am in awe of this and how it affects us all. You just can't put it into words how much it hurts your heart.

Lindy

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy NYtele (and Michael when he finally gets home.)

Sorry you're stuck. Lousy all the way around. But glad you're ok.

Hope you make it home tonight NY? Take care.

waiting

• Tinkywinky
    Tinkywinky

I just want to send my love to you all from Newzealand,where we also are inshock.
    We have all day coverage on two tv chanells so I will be glued to it all day.
    My prayers for all the dead, the injured ,and their families .
    And my love and prayers for all the good people who post on this board,those close to the catastrophe and those watching from far away.

Sharla

• teejay
    teejay

Glad that you're doing okay, Michael. What a horrifying experience.

America changed today, although it might be weeks before the changes become evident. It's being compared to Pearl Harbor. Early this morning I had another thought. Two other cities from the past: Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit