The WBTS: Accomplices To Its Own Demise

by AMNESIAN 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    If a brother makes a wrong comment or statement, let the brother conducting the meeting correct him. If you’re sisters, sit on your hands.

What a f*cking idiot.

• minimus
    minimus

Amnesian's posts usually are very long, I'll agree. But she is one of the most gifted posters here.

• sf
    sf
    “We are fitly united in our thinking. That’s what unifies us, that bonds us as a beautiful people, the only people on earth that are bonded with the love of God that we have.

And as soon as your thinking breaks the unity, you are birdfood.

There's that silly "we are the only ones worthy" crap.{yawn, fart}

sKally

• sf
    sf
    All that this brother wanted to know was that I’m a brother, in the truth, serving Jehovah, that’s all. And what was his became ours.

Ah yes, a prime religious organization where it's easy to hide who you really are, as long as you "serve jehovah".

sKally

• Warlock
    Warlock

1. The work is moving along. Buildings and property are being bought and sold, the holdings of the WTS are increasing, except for us sheep. We are being encouraged to simplify our lives.

2. I'm not 90 yet, but I am tired. Must be the 1 hour to work and 1 hour home in heavy traffic that's doing it. Oh, and don't forget the high cost of living.

3. I have never witnessed a sister quickly putting up her hand to correct anyone's comment at any study...............ever.

4. Would you have felt the same way if it was a 1 room shack in the worst part of town? Did you counsel the brother as to why he was so materialistic in owning such a home in such a 'ritzy' neighborhood?

5. It takes 1 1/2 hours of discussion to settle in on one scripture? Excuse me, brother, but don't you know the bible well enough to do it in a lot less time? By the way, since when have you been concerned about 'context'?

After all this and you wonder why I have doubts about the Org.?

Warlock (the"this speech was shocking.....who could listen to it"one)

• sf
    sf
    “You know what we learned from that? That Jehovah took an old sleeping brother and woke the rest of us up.

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlololol...now THAT'S funny!

sKally

• freetosee
    freetosee

I guess Herd can’t deny the almost-dead-state of the old GB members. So it might be a smart move to acknowledge that by emphasising Jehovah is still using the sleeping half-dead GB member. Although that what happened during the 1 ½ hours before the "wake-up call" is most revealing.

The last DC I attended Karl Klein gave a talk. Two brothers needed to carry him to the speaker’s desk. During his speech it became quit noisy because no one could understand what he was saying, his voice was too shaky. When he was carried of the platform I heard a few giggles. Afterwards there were some who compared the scenario with the pope. (At CAs the DO often made fun of the pope being carried all about whilst sleeping most of the time.) I know just seeing that got my sisters and others to think as they were not encouraged but embarrassed by the special treatment and praise Klein received before and after his talk.

Thanks, I enjoyed reading your post, freetosee

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

(I am re-posting Excerpt #5 as the original post of the transcript was not completely accurate in its every detail and a particularly illuminating phrase was inadvertently ommitted -amnesian)

“One thing that will stumble you out of the truth faster than anything else is to doubt that this is Jehovah’s organization. Never doubt the organization. Do not ask sarcastically [in high, mimmicky voice] ‘what are those brothers talking about up there in Brooklyn?’

“Why not ask ‘What are they talking about up there in heaven, Jehovah and Jesus?’

“That’s kind of hard to do isn’t it, asking a question like that? In fact most of us know… they know what they’re doing. That’s right, they know what they’re doing up there in heaven. We’re not going to doubt that.

“But sometimes if we’re not careful we’ll doubt what those brothers are doing up there in Brooklyn. 28:31 – “Now what’s the difference?

“Imperfection, that’s the difference. There’s more than that, though, but that’s the difference, the big difference right there.

“That’s what stumbles us. We know that Jehovah is perfect, we know that Jesus is perfect. We know that Jehovah is love, we know that Jesus is love and that they’re never going to do anything to harm us and we know that. There’s no problem in our minds about that at all and we know they’ve never made a mistake, never made a mistake.

“Now, let’s go from there to down here, up there in Brooklyn.

“[mumbling under his breath] ‘…those brothers are imperfect; some of ‘em are old, too. They’ve forgotten what life is like … why would they put that in the WT magazine?

“See what’s happening?

“We’re forgetting what? We’re forgetting that this is Jehovah’s organization. We’re forgetting that Jehovah has put Jesus in charge of his organization. Jehovah did that. He put Jesus in charge of his organization. And we never want to forget that.

“I can remember there was a group, the Governing Body, having a meeting and we were trying to find the best scripture to fit a certain theme for either a CA or SAD program. This one said this, that one said that; someone would shoot this one down and someone would shoot that one down. No sooner than it came out of his mouth someone would find fault with it. And so that went on for about 1½ hours, back and forth, just ‘rasslin’ around.

“Now these are spiritual men but trying to come to grips with the best thing that’s gonna satisfy the organization with the mind of God so they will walk out knowing this was the thinking of Jehovah.

“So finally, after all that debate we came to a conclusion.

“And back in those days we had a few older members of the Governing Body who were almost dead; [audience laughter] now that’s not funny, but they were almost dead. They were just so tired, those little frail bodies worn out and barely hanging on the best they could. Some could barely hear or see. They were so tired. Some would fall asleep. One old brother’s head dropped and I personally just sorta felt he was resting or sleep [because] during all this discussion he had nothing to say

“So finally after we’d selected that number one scripture, this old brother raised his hand and he said ‘Excuse me, brother, if you’ll just look at the context of this verse you’ll see that there’s no way you can apply this the way you’re applying it.’

“And we looked at it and he was absolutely right.

“You know what we learned from that? That Jehovah took an old sleeping brother and woke the rest of us up.

[uproarious laughter and applause]

“Don’t doubt the organization because Jehovah’s in control and Jesus is head of the Christian congregation. We need to keep spiritual matters in sharp focus, in the center of our field of vision.”

AMNESIAN

• Confession
    Confession
    LOL! A little passive aggression here?
    Not at all, neighbor. But I do think it's funny that you guys take it that way.

Well good. Glad you got a chuckle. Are we neighbors? I was just in Birmingham, Alabama this past weekend on business.

• Theocrat
    Theocrat
    Well good. Glad you got a chuckle. Are we neighbors? I was just in Birmingham, Alabama this past weekend on business?

Everybody here is my neighbor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit