The WBTS: Accomplices To Its Own Demise

by AMNESIAN 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Theocrat
    Theocrat
    And you have joined us so that makes you a .......... One of us ....Welcome brother Theocrat. Are you a troll or just young and full of yourself ?? Just asking..

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME! I just like to get a rise out of people. That's all.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I just like to get a rise out of people. That's all.

Textbook definition, actually. Thanks for admitting it, though. The mods here are very good. Enjoy your ban.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Textbook definition, actually. Thanks for admitting it, though.

An honest troll is still a troll.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Theocrat has been suspended for making off-topic posts and hijacking threads.

OK, on with the topic......................

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    OK, on with the topic......................

Okey dokey!

good grief!

Confirms what Ray wrote, all right.

The trouble is, the silly old duffer doesn't see that this is all part of the problem. It's the world he knows, and he sees this as some folksy anecdote to warm the hearts of the faithful. Yet for the R&F witness, it is a glimpse of a truth that "apostates" have been telling them all along: that while they remain JWs, their very lives and futures are in the hands of these argumentative, self-important, snoring old men. A bunch of old blokes to whom obedience and hanging onto their every word is more important than the fact of their inability to come to consensus about issues that really matter, such as deaths due to the blood doctrine, and families torn apart by disfellowshipping and shunning.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thanks Amnesian! This is one of the main reasons I come to this forum!

• TMS
    TMS

Thank you, Amnesian, for yet another informative, articulate post.

For being one of the supplemental, middle-aged GBers, Herd has lost touch rather quickly.

First of all, almost no CO, DO or heavy Bethelite would not realize that such palatial accommodations would not be made available for the rank and file. A few I have known would have had the courage and morality to decline such. Others would have been embarassed, but quietly enjoyed the perk. I can't think of anyone brainless enough to use near simony as an example of Jehovah's blessing in a public address.

As to the glimpse into the GB operation style: Herd is in the young faction, designated to bolster the near-comatose. That is why it is doubly inappropriate for the "uncovering" of the aged ones to come from him. All this does is demystify "Jehovah's organization" for his name people. Again, he forgets. For years, I have heard about GB arguments and wrangling, pouting etc., usually from sources who thought I was spiritually strong enough to take it.

His assault on would-be female correctors is almost 1950-ish. Any elderess worth her Lot's wife salt, knows more subtle and effective ways of steering the congregation. LOL!

tms

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

bttt

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Copied from E-watchman's site.

I consider it MOST appropriate.

http://e-watchman.com/commentaries/deliverance-at-hand.html

Deliverance At Hand!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

VERY interesting post, and verifies a lot of things, from the dissatisfaction among the rank and file JWs with the organization, to the totally-not-Spirit-directed way the WTS is run.
    I had Sam Herd as one of my elder school instructors, and I was in the same district as Minimus when Sam was our DO. He did have what seemed like a down-to-earth manner, but it wore thin after a while. . I remember him telling a story of how he felt this one brother at Bethel was racially prejudiced against him, only to find out later that the brother had a black wife., and how he must have been mistaken. Evidently that Bethel elder was simply a cold fish and not a racist!
    I once had to interview Carey Barber during a special assembly day program. He was asleep in his chair backsage until minutes before the interview, roused himself, and then went comatose again once the part was over. I had to take him out in service, and he asked if I had any calls he could go on with me, as he hadn't been house to house for months and was not prepared to go go door to door!
    And the arguments about what verse to use by the GB, and then grabbing one out of context is no surprise at all. There is very little study or teaching among JWs of the Bible in context, either textually or historically. I remember working in the chairman's office at one DC. Al Schroeder and his wife were there for a few days, and hung out with us. One of my favorite Bible books was - and is - Ecclesiastes, and I started talking with Bro. Schroeder about it. Now he was one of the NWT translators, but it quickly became obvious that he was no scholar. In fact, he told me to talk with his wife about it, as it was one of her favorite books and she was quite knowledgable about it!
    It's part of the arrogance of the GB, DOs and COs that they give parts like this that do a lot of damage, and have no idea why. I knew a few DOs that really liked to hobnob with the wealthy JWs. Walden Chin was famous for it. I worked with his brother-in-laws, and they would tell me about Walden and Mary Lou staying with brothers who were professional golfers and ball players, being treated to all sorts of nice perks, including rounds of gold and so on. Walden act that sort of stuff right up.

Thanks for the post!

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit