Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen Carriers - August 2006 Awake!

by AnnOMaly 55 Replies latest watchtower medical

• trevor
    trevor
    Regarding this and similar products, then, Christians face a very serious decision. They must carefully and prayerfully meditate on Bible principles concerning the sacredness of blood. With a keen desire to maintain a good relationship with Jehovah, each must be guided by his Bible-trained conscience.

In other words the issue has become too complicated for the WT. It is now up to the membership to work it out for themselves. They have permission to 'carefully and prayerfully meditate on Bible principles concerning, voting as well.

Perhaps one day they will be allowed to 'carefully and prayerfully meditate on Bible principles concerning ' shunning their loved ones.

To 'carefully and prayerfully meditate on Bible principles concerning' when the end will come.

Perhaps if the membership were to 'carefully and prayerfully meditate on Bible principles concerning' the warnings about false prophets and leaders, they would make some real progress!

• vitty
    vitty

So OK remind me................................what can that they not have ????????

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Anything 3rd level.

Whole blood - NO

Primary components - NO

Anything derived from primary components - CONSCIENCE

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I agree with No Apologies...this is typical of their 'double-speak' lies. All they care about is covering their corporate asses. The more confusing they make this issue for the average publisher -- the better. For the WTS , of course...if some 'faithful' JW dies over the fear of making the wrong decision, so what ?

Under_Believer, I second your language use, sometimes it's the only way to convey the proper rage for such a horrible toll the WT has had on people who truly believe they are 'pleasing' God.

My Mom was murdered by this confusing blood doctrine a few years ago. At the time, hemoglobin was allowed as a "conscience matter," but, like most JW's (especially the elderly) they feel 'safer' taking the strictest interpretation...ya' know, the one they've always known -- NO BLOOD OF ANY KIND !

I was explaining to my JW daughter (when she was still talking to me) how the Blood Doctrine has changed so many times and how that now, she could take ALL fractions, just not the whole components. I explained also, how, after all those years of JW's dying because, of organ transplants being prohibited, too, the WTS changed their mind one day and said "it's now a conscience matter."

I was hoping she would 'make the connection' that the WTS had led innocent faithful people -- to their deaths. Only to get "NewLight" the next day.

Instead, she told me, "Well, the GB never claimed to be perfect, so yeah, they've made some mistakes. That's why on the new Blood Card, I chose "No Blood Products" of any kind."

Me: W-what...??? Y-you signed the Durable Power of Attorney...?

She explained, "I just think since there's been so many changes, back and forth, the safest thing is not to take any blood products. And, No organ transplants, either. Just to be sure."

Then, she smiled confidently at me...sure, in her heart, she was doing the best for her loving God -- and His loving earthy corporation.

I shook all over inside...I cried inside. In my mind's eye...I saw my own sweet mother, lying dead & cold in her casket, then, I could see my daughter...cold & dead in a casket of her own. Dead...over a corporation policy.

To the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses: You know if confuse them enough, then, even when you're faced with legal liability that forces you to "change the wording" a little...you can still get your way. You can still get them to die for you. I'll bet that that thought makes you smile having that kind of adoration.

Fuck you !

Rabbit

• Poztate
    Poztate

She explained, "I just think since there's been so many changes, back and forth, the safest thing is not to take any blood products. And, No organ transplants, either. Just to be sure."
    SHIT...That made me angry and sad at the same time. I look forward to the time when this sorry excuse for a cult is flushed down the toilet of life....Take Care...Rabbit

• under_believer
    under_believer

An sister in her 60's in my area died just a couple of years ago because her "Bible-trained conscience would not allow her to accept organ transplants." Her words. She could have lived. She had an excellent prognosis had she decided to wait it out and get on the transplant list.

She was lauded as a fine example.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Poztate,

Hey, thank you. It is sad. I thought surely...a younger JW would have a more open mind and be better equipped to 'go with the flow' and take 'every inch' the WTS gives them. But, sadly, no...

The WTS, if they really were sincere, would have taken the "No Blood Products of any kind" OFF the ballot, er, POA. Leaving it there is making a statement..."You know what the right thing is...so, do it. Use your Bible trained conscience..." The clever lawyers and their Masters must be quite pleased. They have deniability.

What more could a corporation hope for ?

Everyone should ask their JW loved ones, "What did you choose on the new Blood Card ?" I wonder if my family is just ultra-blinded or do they represent the 'norm' among JW's. Just be prepared for an unsettling answer.

Rabbit

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

actually, the society changed its' blood policy several years ago without telling the R & F. Hemoglobin transfusions were a disfellowshipping offense until I believe 2000. That's when the new policy about the main components went into affect. I found out about it in 2002 by accident (an elder who has contact with the Hospital Liaison Committee informed him). Checked it out on the Ajwrb.org and saw a video where a spokesman for the society in the Netherlands stated that the society was getting away from deciding on fractionated blood components. Hence products like hemopure could now be taken without fear of reprisal from the organization at that time. In 2004 the society makes public it's new policy to the R & F.

see website below for the societies evolution on blood
    http://www.ajwrb.org/history/index.shtml#evolution

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Under_Believer,

I knew it was still going on, what a shame.

I watched, with my whole family, my Mom take her last breath...she stared straight ahead...the machine went beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

There were gasps and cries from the audience. Then, you could hear a pin drop...

THEN...the quite whispers of the JW's in the family...

"Isn't she a great example of faithfulness...?"

"Yeah, it's what she wanted..."

"You know Jehovah is so-o proud of her, he's smiling at her, not because, she died of course..."

" No, just because she died faithful."

"You know, when she wakes up...we'll all be with her in Paradise, if we remain faithful."

Yep. A real happy, happy thing happened. A JW was 'faithful', her God was happy.

At that moment, I had no doubts anymore that the WTS is a dangerous cult.

Rabbit

• under_believer
    under_believer

I watched, with my whole family, my Mom take her last breath...she stared straight ahead...the machine went beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

There were gasps and cries from the audience.

Then, you could hear a pin drop...

THEN...the quite whispers of the JW's in the family...

"Isn't she a great example of faithfulness...?"

Jesus wept.

I'm so sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit