I just faxed my DA letter

by hallelujah 15 Replies latest jw friends

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

freedom, da promised land

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Of course I over-reacted - I do not deny Jesus the man, in fact I undeny him. But I do deny what I consider to be the fraudulent writings about him in the bible. How can the two be reconciled when the evidence of Jesus existence is effectively the Bible? Well I consider that there must be some factual existence underlying the Gospels, i.e. that a man, Jesus preached to do good to others and was crucified for challenging authority. In that I stand for Jesus. However I do also believe that his story has been made into a composite God man by later writings, such as the imputation of virgin birth, rising from the dead, rising to heaven (which is widely assumed to mean flying physically upwards into the sky), asking everyone to eat his flesh and drink his blood. Who is to know what was said and what was later imputed to him by fraudulent writers. I have no right to deny him (if he existed as a man).

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Dude that's spectacular! you're really going to get them scratching their heads! And you're out, and that's the best thing. Congratulations.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hi Hallelujah,
    I don't know if you check your post history, but I do. I am really enjoying reading this book. I downloaded all the chapters and saved them. It is truly an eye opener!
    And I can see just how much 'translator's fraud' exists even in the New World Translation. For instance, in Genesis in the NWT, Abraham 'planted a tamarisk tree'(?!). Seems a strange thing to report in the 'sacred' writings. Well, imagine how I laughed when I learned that the original language should read that he 'erected an asherah', and that an asherah was none other than a sacred pole used in sex worship. Such pious fraud to cover over the phallic idolatrous practices of all the Hebrews up til the time of the exile is still just a fraud.
    The post exilic reform may have done away with all of the previous practices and attempted to cover them up by adding a detailed 'law', but we get still get to see what kind of a tribal god Yahveh is/was and what kind of religion he inspired or was inspired by. Ironic how much 'false religion' still exists within the so-called 'true religion'.
    Dave

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Hi Primate Dave

It's amazing how much fear this Christian religion puts into us. Reading Wheless was like a blast of fresh air. It's also like reading something from an early dissident. As Wheless notes in his later work Forgery in Christianity - no doubt through the centuries such criticisms have been suppressed by book burning and exorcisms, burning at the stake, and that old favourite trial by ordeal.

The same idea prevails with temporal punishment of everlasting hell, or at least in WT theology being cut off from the resurrection which everybody else (of the WTBTS) is in our collective hallucination supposed to be enjoying.

I think Wheless is far too radical for me at this stage, it's like two steps forward and one step back, since the old irrational fears creep back in. I'm still in Deprograming 101 and Wheless work is a treatise.

Dan

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    53. … Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56

Sounds like Jesus says it's okay to eat and drink blood. Doesn't it? I know it's symbolic, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit