Garlic

by Bookey 21 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

I am a garlic fanatic! I can't help it.

I know enough not to have any at least a day before a date. But I love it so much that I'll occasionally open my jar of minced garlic in the fridge just to smell it. God forbid I should actually crack a clove! I'm in real trouble then. Sad, I know. But I'm a hopeless "foodophile".

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Whole garlic tastes delicious when cooked and eaten as a part of a meal with noodles, other vegetables, and tomato sauce.

• dinah
    dinah

I cook with fresh garlic, never tried it raw. A friend gave me a recipe for spaghetti sauce that is out of this world!

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I cant stand the smell of Garlic, it literally makes me want to vomit. I had done something to my girlfriend, i cant remember what but she was chasing me around the house trying to hit me. I ran into the bathroom and locked the door, laughing my head off while she banged on the door trying to get in to get me. Things went quiet for a few minutes then I heard her coming back, She slid a sheet of paper under the door with what looked like dog vomit on. I started to call her a dirty cow for putting dog vomit onto paper and putting it under the door. Then the smell hit me. She'd gone downstairs to the kitchen and put crushed garlic on a bit of paper that she had put under the door to get me out. I bolted out that room, gagging and choking with her laughing her head off while i ran to the other bathroom.

I loathe Garlic.

• luna2
    luna2

I like your girlfriend, Dr. J. She's funny. I can see you running away from the garlic like a big girl.

• daystar
    daystar

Speaking of garlic. Has anyone here hung a garlic plait around the house?

I've considered hanging obtaining one to hang in the kitchen, but don't really want my place to smell too strongly of garlic. How bad is it?

• Brigid
    Brigid

A garlic plait? To ward off vampires? lol! It's okay to love your garlic, just don't love your garlic....hehe

Anyway, this reminded me of a theory I once heard about the Roman Empire becoming so strong because their soldiers ate so much garlic that it made them far more disease resistant than other armies.

Eh, who knows?

~Brigid (the healthnut who finds ways to put garlic in just about all her recipes...garlic cookies anyone?)

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Very true about the immune-enhancing & disease-fighting properties. My mother was stricken with hepatitis while she & my father were missionaries in Guatemala, & raw garlic (along with lots of fresh fruit & vegetable juices) was one of the cures. My Jewish grandmother always put lots of it in her chicken soup, too. Jewish (or Russian) penicillin, as they call it..

• luna2
    luna2

Garlic cookies for real, Brigid? Send some to Dr. Jek. LOL

• caligirl
    caligirl

I was just in Gilroy - it smells like garlic year round. It actually smells really good- like the constant smell of garlic bread. I haven't been to the garlic festival, but one year maybe we will be up there at that time of year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit