Would you have stayed if essential changes were made?

by greendawn 21 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

When you began doubting the WTS did you decide that there was no remedy and you had leave them, or did you say if they change on such and such points I will stay on?

What were those points that if changed you would approve of the JWs and stay in?

For me it was not an issue because I wanted to see many changes and they wouldn't carry them out. Blood, decentralisation of authority, acceptance of a free debate society, charitable works, and all these things go right against the grain of the WTS.

If you disagree with the FDS which is in fact the GB and not the 8000 anointed, you have to leave.

• blondie
    blondie

Only the organization had a head transplant.

NO

• under_believer
    under_believer

For me it all comes back down to disfellowshipping.
    If they eliminated that practice, I could stay. As long as it remains, I cannot, and the wheels of fate continue to turn in the direction of my eventually completely leaving the organization.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They would have had to disband the whole wts and start afresh to have got me to stay. Once I knew of all the cover ups and outright lies they had told, that was it for me.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Well one thing they would have to change is stop disfellowshipping people for being human (maybe it's still good for people who do things that are illegal, pedophiles, other sexual predators, criminals in general...that's obviously not "just a human mistake") - when they stop disfellowshipping people who come forward and bare their secrets, which obviously shows repentence, I'll .... still not go back.... it'll never happen anyway. DFing will always be around and power hungry elders will always treat people unjustly.

• glitter
    glitter

If essential changes had been made to the pasedophile policy and I had never found out about the scandal, I would still have been "in". But if essential changes were made then it would just confirm to me now that things were wrong and they're not guided by Jehovah (if proof were needed). One of the big things that, looking back, jarred with me was New Light - if they were led by Jehovah, however their policies were at odds with my personal beliefs then they ought to have stuck by them... IYSWIM.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Never. They can't go back and undo the harm they did to so many people in so many ways. Why should they be able to say "Never Mind" and start fresh? What do they have to offer of any worth? Nothing.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I want to stress that the question asked was "would you have stayed."
    Even knowing all that I know now, I still could have stayed if the disfellowshipping practice was halted, because I could talk to others about what I knew, have freeness of speech and conscience, and so forth.
    "Would you have stayed?" is a different question than "would you go back." Nothing they do now, even eliminating disfellowshipping, could cause me to "go back" (though I am still nominally associated, I am totally out mentally).

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i dont think the pandemic lack of love thruout the entire organization could ever change.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Once I found out all the lies and cover ups it was just a matter of time. I asked 3 different people about the Mexico/Malawi issue. None of them ever looked into it and got back to me. That was the beginning of the end for me. It was only a matter of time before I was DF'd. I still find it amazing how far they will go to hide the truth.

The Claw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit