Euthanasia for humans, is it right or wrong?

by FreedomFrog 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully
    shouldn’t there be limits on abortions?

There are limits on abortion. For example, you can't legally have one after a certain length of gestation (12 weeks).

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    You have a chance to take a shot to end your flesh ripping pain. Would you do it? How do you feel about legal euthanasia for humans? And can you support your feelings?

From a nurse, I wonder how many that I've assisted in. I mean the doctor tells me the patient is on comfort care. That means keep them comfortable, which means give them whatever pain med, anxiety med, what have you to keep them comfortable. I know that I have given that shot of dilaudid, morphine, or lorazepam that has assisted the patient in taking their last breath. I needed to add: The family usually has to decided to pull the plugs. Basically, no more vent, no more tube feedings, don't take vital signs...

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    There are limits on abortions. For example, you can't get one after a certain length of gestation (12 weeks).

Well, I was meaning limits on "why's". Before that gestation, anyone can go in and get an abortion for any reason. Some would argue that they are people even before that gestation time. If you can walk into a clinic and get an abortion for any reason, shouldn't that be the same with euthanasion? Or should they both be set with limits on the reasons?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Here's more info: http://www.worldrtd.net/faqs/tnd/?id=46

Skully, I may be wrong, but Dr. George Tiller here in Wichita does late-term abortions. There has to be mitigating circumstances. I think it's still legal here??

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    If we were talking about a pet who was suffering with no hope of recovery, we consider it "humane" to euthanize them. Don't you think it's absurd that we can be "humane" with animals and put them out of their misery, but it's illegal to be "humane" with regard to another "human" being, even when that "human" being has made it clear that this is what they want?

I agree. "They shoot horses don't they"?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    It is "morally" for you or more "heart"? I mean, lets say that your friend didn't have the strength to take the pills, but is crying out in pain. Would you actually put the pills in his/her mouth and help him/her with getting the water in? Would you hold the shot to steady it to go in? Remember, he's begging you to help him out. What do you do then?

FreedomFrog, you underestimate the body. It's like when a baby is crying. They cry and cry and cry and cry and then what? They go to sleep. They tire themselves out. There's only so much that a body can take in a given amount of time without homeostasis taking effect and knocking the person out. You have to walk away sometimes.

• Scully
    Scully
    Skully, I may be wrong, but Dr. George Tiller here in Wichita does late-term abortions. There has to be mitigating circumstances. I think it's still legal here??

"Mitigating circumstances" would qualify as "limits", don't you think?

Well, I was meaning limits on "why's". Before that gestation, anyone can go in and get an abortion for any reason. Some would argue that they are people even before that gestation time. If you can walk into a clinic and get an abortion for any reason, shouldn't that be the same with euthanasion? Or should they both be set with limits on the reasons?

No offense, FF, but you're doing your assignment a disservice by mixing another controversial subject with your main topic. If you are advocating a "pro-life" agenda respecting abortion, essentially saying that a woman cannot decide what happens to her body, how do you reconcile that with a "pro-choice" agenda regarding euthanasia, which advocates the individual's right to control their death?

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Sorry mouthy that you feel like that. There's so much good you can do. Why die now. We're all going there. Dan

• parakeet
    parakeet

Like everything else in life, there's no clear-cut right or wrong, black or white answer to this issue. As medical advances prolong life, sometimes painfully prolonging it, I think there will be the need for some kind of legal determination to specify when and how a patient can choose to die. Unlike animals, human beings sometimes desire death when what they really need is proper medical or psychiatric care to get them through a rough patch. Patients, the medical profession, and the government will have to work out some resolution to this problem.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Oh yeah! The power of people to help in other ways! I remember after having the twins by c-section that I was in a horrible state of panic. I couldn't stop shivering. I told my husband to take me out of the hospital! Now! Take me home! Now! My husband didn't know what to do? Then this "sister" (Jehovah's Witness) walked in. She started talking to me about stuff, and I forgot that I was panicking. Now, that was amazing. Nurses do that a lot. They have to learn how to distract the patient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit