Euthanasia for humans, is it right or wrong?

by FreedomFrog 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Would you do it?

I consider myself a Christian... & what I am about to say IS NOT THE CHRISTIAN point of view so I will leave the final judge of me to my Creator.... But I have been there wanting to end my life because of terrible pain with Rheamatoid Arth.... I do believe that if a person has been given a time of dying that it should be allowed. But as was stated so many wicked souls out there would propably bump someone off for the money. 20 years ago ( the most painful time for me) I would have paid some one to help me die a painless death...So as scully said it is a kind thing to "put to sleep" a suffering pet.... Why not a loved one....

Please all the Christians on here Dont blast me. I KNOW I am not in sinc with MOST Christians views... But I still have to answer to JUST ONE!!!!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Please all the Christians on here Dont blast me. I KNOW I am not in sinc with MOST Christians views... But I still have to answer to JUST ONE!!!!!!

Nobody would dare blast you, dear Grace. I've got your back. *picks up cyber bat* Hugs,

Robyn

• mouthy
    mouthy

WHEW!!!! Thanks Robdar

• restrangled
    restrangled

My father was totally bedridden and on liquid morphine and oxycodone for bone cancer. He had to have Hospice come in to let him go to the bathroom by tubes into bags because pain killers tend to stop up your intestines and apparently it gets pretty painful.

My father was a strong, powerful, extremely intelligent man. To see him waste away within 3 months was so painful it cannot be put into words.

I do know that that the people from Hospice were the most professional, understanding people I have ever met. The woman who was taking care of my father the very last day had me play my father's favorite piano piece, "Fantasy Impromptu" by Frederic Chopin, I played the piece as best as I knew how and she called me in becuase he was dieing. I held my father's hand and let him know it was ok to go, that my husband and I would take care of my mom....and he let go.

After he died I actually had to witness the nurse flushing the liquid morphine into the toilet as it is regulated by the FBI>

I do not know how to answer your question. It is too painful!

amy

• nowisee
    nowisee

seems there are several issues: l) doctors do not know everything and even when a person may seem to be terminal they may not be. a case in point is a sister i knew many years (35?) ago. she had ovarian cancer and doctors gave her 6 months to live. she decided not to die and tried many alternative therapies with help from her family. i bumped into her brother a few years ago and she is/was still alive at least 30 years later with still a low-grade cancer but maintained with meds................ there are many such reported cases. 2) legalizing euthanasia seems to open the way for too many ambiguities. what would the criteria be? severe pain? terminal cancer? herniated disc? alzheimers? how can this be controlled? perhaps decriminalization would make more sense if the dying person's wishes are absolutely clear and publicly known and they are of sound mind. ----------------------------anyone hear of the recent case in tri-state area? a woman who was severely depressed drove off a mountain with her two children in backseat as her husband ostensibly got out to take a picture. she apparently locked the doors and stepped on the gas and plummeted down the mountain as her husband tried to stop the vehicle. he has been charged with assisting her suicide. (both children survived as they were belted in.)

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Oregon is legalized as far as I know, and what they have come up with was, (1) have 2 Dr’s diagnose and come up with the same results, (2) the person verbally requests it 2 times within a couple of weeks apart, and (3) the person has a written consent. I’ll try to find that article. But for now, this is only coming from memory.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Hmmm, my whole message didn't go through. Sorry.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

darn, it's cutting half my message. I'll try this one more time.

k, well I got it sort of working on my latest posting... I had to take out the paragraphs before it would send the whole message through. Oh well.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

having tech. problems.. ;)

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Ok, this is the last time I will try.. honest... lol The computer is giving me a bit of problems. I'll take out all the paragraphs. Here goes. Hopefully it will go through this time.

Oregon is legalized as far as I know, and what they have come up with was, (1) have 2 Dr’s diagnose and come up with the same results, (2) the person verbally requests it 2 times within a couple of weeks apart, and (3) the person has a written consent. I’ll try to find that article. But for now, this is only coming from memory. I find it strange that abortion is legal and euthanasia is not. Here you have 2 different situations. One, you have a growing small human who can’t speak which more than likely would rather live than be killed. The second is you have a human that is begging to die because of certain circumstances. Where is the line drawn? Should you be able to walk into a clinic like you can for abortions to sign up for death? Or will there be limits on assisted suicide? Should there be limits? And if you feel there should, then shouldn’t there be limits on abortions? To me, I see them both about the same way. In my opinion, killing a fetus is just killing a small human that doesn’t have a chance to voice their feelings. And for the ones that can voice, are NOT allowed to be helped out in passing over to whatever is out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit