Kia or Hyundai?

by confusedjw 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

I prefer to buy German cars they are solid and reliable and their spares when needed are reasonably cheap, I mean with cars like Opel or Volkswagen one can't go wrong.

My first vehicle was Japanese and the parts were awfully expensive, at least back in the 1980's they were, so I got rid of it soon and got an Opel. 19 years later I still have it (has 110 000 miles on the clock)and its maintainance has been reasonably cheap.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I did call friend Mike

Thanks for doing that - I appreciate his input.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Sadly neither but go Hyundai if you have to

Better still go for a used Honda, one of the most reliable cars out there

Happy driving

BM

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I have a 2000 KIA Sephia that I bought new. It had 104,000 miles on it now, and still runs great. I get an average of 31 MPG, mostly in town driving. It's small on the outside, surprisingly roomy on the inside (especially for my rather large body). And, more importantly, it's PAID off. The only major work I have had done was tune ups and replacing the timing belt. (Knock wood). Cheaply made? Sure! So is 3/4 of the junk coming out of the US. But the sticker price when I bought it was around $13,000. So I wasn't expecting a Buick or a Cadillac. And when I see my co-workers driving their huge SUV's, I laugh all the way to the bank. I may pay $30 for a tankful, but it gets me just as far as the $60 tankful the other guys are paying.

• confusedjw
  • confusedjw
    confusedjw

Ended up buying the Elantra GT. , but after trying the automatic in the GT Hatchback (Saab look alike) I drove an hour to buy the same car in a manual transmission.

So for comparison perposes: Hatchback, leather, air, CD, Trip Computer, Cruise, Manual 5 Speed, etc etc $13,393

So I call it my cancer car, because if I'm around when it's paid for I'm "out of the woods"

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Congratulations to you, confusedjw, on your new car.

greendawn wrote:

I prefer to buy German cars they are solid and reliable and their spares when needed are reasonably cheap, I mean with cars like Opel or Volkswagen one can't go wrong.

Interesting! Here in U.S., German cars are much more expensive than Japanese cars. We have Toyota and Honda. I've been a Toyota fan, but my husband wanted a Honda. So we got a Honda van. I like both. I've had Toyota for 8 years and never had a problem. Hopefully we'll have the same luck with the Honda.
  • Ianua
    Ianua

One of our two cars is a Hyundai Matrix 1.6 GLS. It is now 4 1/2 years old and did run 62.500 mls so far. We never experienced any serious problems. The few smaller problem we had in this time have been fixed on warranty. Fuel consumption: 35 MPG, with A/C-On 33 MPG.

The 105 hp-Engine is a bit to small for this heavy car (about 1.300 kg), so max. speed is limited to 110 mph.

I love this car. It has much space inside and is on the rear seats much bigger than i.e. a Mercedes C-Class. Outside its lenght is only 4,02 m. So we can easily find a parking lot. I also love the 10 cupholders, the hidden storage space under the rear seats, the drawer under the front passanger's seat ...

I would buy this car again, but next time with the Diesel-Engine. The Diesel has much more power and needs less fuel.

• Ianua
    Ianua

It seems, this model isn't sold in the US. Here's a picture of the car: http://www.km77.com/marcas/hyundai/matrix/gra/lateral1.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit