I can't believe they still include crap like this on the CDROM

by XBEHERE 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Hey, Jambon 1, can I do it till I need glasses???

Cheers.....tap...tap... now, where am I ??

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Wacky Tuhmacky: B-bu-b-b-but Mama always said that...b-bu-but Mama always said that msturbation makes y'go blind. A-a-and a-a-and my Mama ain't no l-liar!

The JW Waterboy.

• Forscher
    Forscher
    In fact, masturbation can lead into homosexuality.

You know, if that'd been written by Greenleas (that was his name, wasn't it?) I might've wondered if he had a point there. But I think that book came out after he was shit-canned off the Governing Body for boffing a boy. So as far as I am concerned its just another example of what was probably genuine homophobia. But then, they fear just about anything other than missionary position sex.
    ;-)
    Forscher

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Ha ha.

I can assure anyone who may believe that masturbation leads to homosexuality, that this is not correct. I have had lots of sex with myself, and this has never made me have any desire to have sex with any other man than myself.

I wonder how old the people writing that crap is. Next they`ll probably tell you that you`ll go blind if you rub it.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Damn....can't see the keyboard 'cause of all the hair on my palms...

uh//oh...now i can't see= sccreen......goinnnnnnn blinnnnndd.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LOL...Tuhmacki lives!! What a character. In my hall we had four kinds of elders. First there were the "cool" elders...the ones who were nice and caring. There were three of them, but before long two were removed from their posts. Then there were the "organization men". There were two of these and the one I absolutely hated looked like David Byrne from Talking Heads and had the personality of wallpaper glue. Then there was the congregation "Bible scholar". Seasoned, with a huge Watchtower library, who loved talking about the Bible and chronology, and who was writing his own historical novel about Bible characters (you see, that was the safest way for him to explore his theories on biblical history). He was my favorite... I spent much time talking with him about biblical rather than "theocratic" subjects. And then there was Tuhmacki, the whacked-out nutjob who believed that television was Satan's eye and who railed against demonized this and demonized that.

About Greenlees, I have a talk of his on my computer...I should check it out and see if he says anything interesting....

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The very limited reasoning power of the writers is showcased in this logic:

" In fact, masturbation can lead into homosexuality. In such instances the person, not satisfied with his lonely sexual activity, seeks a partner for mutual sex play."

Since they are most likely influenced to write about what happens at Bethel, which would be naturally an attraction for those who either are homosexual or think that being there will help them to fight it, they are reasoning from and arguing from their personal history; not a lick (sorry) of common sense or reference to professionals informs this antique reasoning.

It is classic 1950's thinking, which is when most of them went to Bethel. See Barbara Anderson's excellent story of these writers.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

So if masturbation causes homosexuality, what does a vibrator cause??? - A big electric bill!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    " In fact, masturbation can lead into homosexuality. In such instances the person, not satisfied with his lonely sexual activity, seeks a partner for mutual sex play."

Why did the writers think jw boys would only seek out partners of the same sex? I'd think if they wanted to risk being found out, they'd pick a girl for a partner, or the reverse for a girl masturbating seeking out a guy. Unless someone does tend to be interested in bi or gay activity, doesn't it stand to reason they will seek a hetero partner?

I still believe the writers had experience in this regard. Perhaps as boys, they had clever friends who convinced them to pretend to be girls to experience fantasy sexual play. I've had more than one guy tell me he had a guy suggest this type of play.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a statement out of the Victorian age and it shows what kind of leaders they have to put up with, they are trying to intimidate them like little children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit