how do guys ask you out on a date these days?

by Calliope 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    If a woman looks like a slut she will be treated like one.

I wasn't stating that she dress like a slut. I was stating that she dresses sexy. Some women seem to feel that dressing sexy = dressing slutty. They're not essentially the same thing.

Do you view ALL women who dress sexy as sluts?

Excuse me but men ask me out quite a bit. They also asked me out when I was with an on-line dating service. One of the guys I am dating says that he asked me out because he thought I was cute, intelligent and seemed like fun. And most importantly, I laughed at his jokes. We have a good time but he isn't the one and so I do not date him exclusively.
    Any guy that I've asked out has fizzled after a couple of dates.

I really would like to know the difference between these two experiences. You didn't stay exclusively with ANY of these guys, so why is there a bias to who asks who out?

I personally like it when a woman asks me out. It means she's got taste :)

Now, to disprove your theory on women asking the guy out, my wife was the one who asked me out first (even though I was ready to do it myself).

Why lose out on an opportunity just because of a couple of bad experiences? If I did that, I'd be making love to my pillow for the rest of my life. When you go out to a couple of job interviews and don't get the job, do you just give up? NO! You go out to more job interviews until you land one!

Robdar, you just may have exceptionally appealing looks. Some women may not be so lucky, so they have to work a bit harder to get some attention. Your experience with men may not be the same as other women's success (or lack of success) simply because they look different.

• serendipity
    serendipity
    can you get a date these days if you are overweight?

How many skinny gals do you know with a 'D' cup?

In Dallas, there are a lot thanks to the miracles of cosmetic surgery.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I really would like to know the difference between these two experiences. You didn't stay exclusively with ANY of these guys, so why is there a bias to who asks who out?

Longevity-- the ones who asked me out were the hardest to get rid of. LOL.

I personally like it when a woman asks me out. It means she's got taste :) Now, to disprove your theory on women asking the guy out, my wife was the one who asked me out first (even though I was ready to do it myself).

Of course she has good taste. I think you're a fine and interesting guy. There's no wonder why she asked you out. Had I met you and was a couple of years younger, I might have done the same thing. As I said, I do occasionally ask guys out. Just not very often.

Why lose out on an opportunity just because of a couple of bad experiences? If I did that, I'd be making love to my pillow for the rest of my life. When you go out to a couple of job interviews and don't get the job, do you just give up? NO! You go out to more job interviews until you land one!

If it works for you, great. The other way works best for me. Besides, I like it that way.

Robdar, you just may have exceptionally appealing looks. Some women may not be so lucky, so they have to work a bit harder to get some attention. Your experience with men may not be the same as other women's success (or lack of success) simply because they look different.

Why, thank you, Nos, but I am not exceptionally appealing. I think that I'm cute but there are things that I do not like about my physical appearance. I just conceal those and play up my good points. Because I didn't like my looks as a teen, I tried very hard to develop a fun personality and to learn how to flirt. That's how I met my first husband. And my second.

I also think that being in theatre and radio has helped my self confidence and flirting ability. Your career depends on learning how to mingle with the crowd. It spills over into your private life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit