I did it. I finally graduated from College at 40 years of age.

by booker-t 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• daystar
    daystar

Awesome!!!!

• arecibo
    arecibo

Congratulations!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Great job!

Not having been raised a dub I had the benefit of much support from everyone in my life in order to get through college.

Your overcame adversity to get it done. Congratulations!

• Fleur
    Fleur

What phenomenal news....congratulations...I may be just one lil "aposta-babe" (frannie called me that once and I like it...) but I am proud of you and I salute you! I tip my fashionable hat to you...!

hugs

essie

• Robdar
    Robdar

My science classes almost broke me into giving up but I refused and hung in there. Science is a very interesting subject but is hard as nails.

At the beginning of one of my anatomy/physiology classes the instructor told us that science and medicine are competitive fields and he was going to do whatever he could to get some of us to drop out. It was his belief that the cream rises to the top. He was right. You wouldn't believe how many students we lost in that class.

You've risen to the top. Congratulations.

• TheListener
    TheListener

CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!

Way to go booker-t

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Way to go! It is great to see people reach goals. I know it was a lot of hard work!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

LOL.........atta boy! Show them durn young'uns how it's done, Grandpa!!! Good on ya, dude!!

Terri (almost 49 years old and loving it!)

• Quandry
    Quandry

Congratulations. I am also a student. I, however, am in my fifties. Yes, it is intimidating to be surrounded by teens. I wanted to go to school for many years, but my ever so faithful elder husband reminded me that the Society frowns on higher education and that I would be setting a poor example in the congregation. Since then, of course, I know of many elders and publishers in the oil business here in Texas that have a degree and make butloads of money. They quietly sent their children to college, also, evidently while giving talks supporting the Society's viewpoints. Keep up the good work and be proud of yourself for your accomplishments!!!

I remember a young girl in a former congregation who was offered scholarships for college because she was such a good student when graduating high school in the mid 80's. She did not accept the scholarships and was even featured on one of the Circuit Assemblies giving her story. Recently, I heard her husband left her with two children. I wonder how she was able to support them with only a high school education and how she feels now that the Society has received "NEW LIGHT" that college is not so evil after all but it came too late for her.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Congrats, booker T!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit