My (censured) open letter to the Governing Body

by Khufu 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Philippe,

Great post!

What if I had claimed to be one of the anointed?
    It wouldn't have made a jot of difference! Ray Franz, in his book Crisis of Conscience, points out that a number of letters were received from "anointed" ones regularly but these were treated no differently to other letters received. You see, to be taken seriously you have to be a member of the Governing Body - and only then if you toe the line. Ray Franz didn't and we all know what happened to him! Best wishes, Ian
  • The
    The

edit

• Mary
    Mary
    Of course, there can be no debt for a life when no life is taken, as in the case of a transfusion. Otherwise, we would have to believe that a transfusion of Jesus’ blood could have made atonement!

Excellent point!

the "faithful and discreet slave" feels that it would be gross disrespect for Jehovah's command to "abstain from blood" if a Christian abstained from the blood of dead animals or humans while partaking of the blood of living things.-Acts 15:20, 28, 29.

What a stupid, stupid comment. If they don't equate any difference between a dead animal and a live human being, then why can't Christians be cannibals? I mean, hey---we can eat the flesh of a dead animal, why not the flesh of a live human being? And if there's no difference between a dead animal and a live human being, then why couldn't Christians just continue to make animal sacrifices for sins? Why did Jesus have to offer his perfect human life for man if there's no difference between the two??

While many of the points that you present are correct, it is good to remember that our reasoning can be dangerous if it leads us to disagree with a simply stated divine command.

LMAO! Translation: While your arguments make a hell of a lot more sense that our insane policies many of the points that you present are correct, it is good to remember that we consider ourselves as gods our reasoning can be dangerous if it leads us to disagree with old men clothed with Alzheimers and Depends a simply stated divine command found nowhere in the bible.

What a joke.

• Warren
    Warren

The Society replied to Khufu:

"However, the 'faithful and discreet slave' feels that it would be gross disrespect for Jehovah's
    command to 'abstain from blood' if a Christian abstained from the blood of dead animals or humans while partaking of the blood of living things.-Acts 15:20, 28, 29."

But JW's don't abstain from the blood of dead animals in the sense of not eating any blood whatsoever. JW's eat blood eveytime they consume meat. In it's historical context "abstaining from blood" means to drain the blood from an animal killed for food before eating it. Even when drained an animal carcass may still retain 50% of its blood. Obviously God doesn't require that we totally abstain from eating blood or we would have to be vegetarians. I find it interesting that the Jews use a koshering process in order to drain as much blood from an animal as possible but JW's are under no such requirement. Over a lifetime the average Jew eats much less blood than the average JW.

It is important to note that Jehovah himself provided the unbled flesh of unslaughtered animals specifically for purposes of eating. God allowed the Israelites to provide "alien residents" and "foreigners" with unbled meat for food as long as the animal was not killed by humans but had been found dead. These animals had died of themselves, probably due to age, disease or accident -- Deut. 14:21

Because "alien residents" and "foreigners" were bound by the Noachian Law, God's provision of giving or selling them unbled animals to eat could not have violated the Noachian Law. Jehovah wouldn't encourage people to violate his law. It is therefore logical to conclude that the Noachian Law applied only to the blood of animals killed for food.

Had Jehovah established some sort of moral imperative that the substance of blood is sacred then He would not have unilaterally provided it to the very ones He still viewed as under the Noachian Decree. God's providing the unbled meat of unslaughtered animals as food to non-Israelites is sure proof that He does not hold the substance of blood as sacred. It is life that is sacred.

The Noachian Law, applies only to blood obtained by a person's killing a creature. Since the Apostolic Decree is based on the Noachian Law it does not provide any grounds for prohibiting blood transfusions, because donated blood is not obtained by killing humans or animals. Early Christians refused to partake of blood that had been obtained by killing or by assault. However, early Christians never refused to accept medical uses of donor blood that had been generously provided by live and uncoerced donors because such technology was not available at that time.

• still_in74
    still_in74

if jews could not eat the flesh of strangled animals but could sell it to non-jews..... and the 144,000 represent "spiritual israel" (jews) ..............then maybe the Great Crowd can have blood transfusions and eat blood and only the anointed are prohibited? hmmmmmmmm??????????

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, that was such an excellent presentation and you went through so much honest effort to get them to read their own Bibles-it is heartbreaking for millions of people that they are so clueless as to ignore what you said-indeed, what many others had likely said to them before. When people stop thinking because it contradicts their world view, it makes them such a pitiful thing. That the GB felt that they had the right to speak for all of the FDS should infuriate every last JW-especially those who consider themselves to be anointed.

You are a very bright man-and brave to have gone as far as you did.

How 'public' did you make this? And if you have not been DF'd, do you know why not, or have any ideas about why they left you in?

Thank you
    Shelly

• oompa
    oompa

good points and you said:

Post 14 of 35
    since 24-Apr-06

40 y 2 m 22 d

I say you need to make that known....you have been called....and therefor holy spirit is moving you to make these things known...aces....oompa

• erandir
    erandir

This post is awesome. Once again I am so glad I come to this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit