My (censured) open letter to the Governing Body

by Khufu 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• deeskis
    deeskis

Good for you Philip. You tore huge holes in the society's reasoning.

now you have to ask yourself whether you are going to follow what they ask you to do...................drop it and leave it in Jehovah's hands. To continue pushing your point with Bethel isn't going to get you anywhere............as far as they're concerned

Best wishes

D

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

filed

• delilah
    delilah

Very interesting...............

I know a man by this name, here in Ontario..." David Vandendriessche"....I was surprised when I read it here in your post. He was studying when I first met him though.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Great letter!

"Stay busy talking to people about things you are convinced of-Jehovah's
    Kingdom, the new world, the coming abyssing of Satan, and so
    forth. Perhaps Jehovah will eventually give you a different
    perspective on this question.
    We send you our warm love and Christian greetings."

Wow, amazed they havn't disfellowshipped you for this. They have disfellowshipped a lot over the NGO thing and for disagreeing on 1914, etc, but they are happy for you to stay in the congregation and just focus on the 'things you are convinced of'...Have you been talking to others in the congregation about your views?

Is the Society starting to take a more moderate view on those with 'doubts'?

• Khufu
    Khufu

Yaddayadda, I had not told anyone in my congregation about this issue, except my ex-wife and the elders. Had I not kept it strictly confidential, I would have been disfellowshipped right away. The letter you quote from the WTS was in reply to a very much respectful letter. As to the warm love -well you may judge. I felt rather cold while there at Brooklyn.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I guess the WTS has two arguments:

1) The whole "the blood is the life"-thing.

2) Abstain from blood is part of the kosher-law of the OT, and is repeated in the NT (or is it???...)

Anyway, part 2 of the argument is laid to rest by Jesus himself. Jesus made it perfectly clear that the Sabbath-rules (as in...rules of the OT, the Law) can be broken when a life is a stake, as he healed people on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:10, Mark 3:2, John 9:14-16). As for part 1 of the argument, the WTS has completely misunderstood the view of the body, soul and spirit thruout the entire Bible.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Phillippe I am sorry your marriage didn't survive your finding out the truth about the JW's on blood. I remember you worked so hard, and your information and research on the understanding of blood was so good. I've shared it with many folks. I'm glad you've found your way here, your a very smart man.

Hugs,

Ruth

• under_believer
    under_believer

Very, very nice work. Has gone into my permanent research file.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Interesting comment "faithful and discreet slave feels that".
    The truth of the matter is that the FDS have nothing to do with WTB&TS policy - it is dictated by the Governing Body who never consult the FDS - see Ray Franz's book.

• Khufu
    Khufu

What if I had claimed to be one of the anointed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit