Governing Body and their sins

by moanzy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I feel that the governing body should feel shame for what they have done to any of us by their stupid laws and especially for the outright murderous and hypocritical rules/laws they impose on all witnesses.

I feel that way too, but I doubt they feel any shame at all. I'm not even sure they are capable of that emotion. They are, in their eyes, the leaders of God's organisation on the earth, and everything they do is spirit - directed, or at least that's what they tell thier followers. After the UN fiasco and it's aftermath, it seems the "spirit" directed them to lie about the reason for their involvement. It also appears to direct them to shield child abusers in the congregation.

How anyone at the head of an organisation allows such things does not feel some sense of shame is beyond me, but since, apart from a few minor adjustments, they don't change thier basic policy at all, they must be totally incapable of feeling even the tiniest amount of shame.

Linda, of the glad to be away from that crap class

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl
    ?(com'on Govnerning Body, even the regular witness wouldn't sign up for the YMC)

lmao.....do as i say not as i do

• moanzy
    moanzy

Could this be like trying to understand why a serial killer keeps killing? ---meaning there is no way to possibly understand how some people think the way they do.

Thanks everyone for your posts.

Moanzy

• Mary
    Mary
    Moanzy said: A person can be disfellowshipped because of gross sin(could mean anything), being unrepentant etc. An elder said to me that a person may be disfellowshipped even though he is repentant if it is gross sin and his sin widely known. So my question is why doesn't this also apply to the Governing Body?

Excellent point, but a moot one. One saying comes to mind: "Who watches the Watchers?" This is the Governing Body to a T. They make all the rules, outlining what constitutes a disfellowshipping offence and they rigorously enforce it on others but who's monitoring their behaviour? Oh, I forgot. Jehovah and Jesus approved them 87 years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they believe "Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 16:19) applies to them? With that sort of blind arrogance, it's not hard to see how they justify their own disgusting behaviour.

Shouldn't they also take responsibility for their gross sins like they make us lowly earth dwellers?

Of course they should. But they won't because they think they're "above the law", just like the Pharisees. To their way of thinking, Jehovah is working through THEM and them alone on planet earth. Therefore, whatever they decide is right, even if it's wrong. To apologize for making gross mistakes that has cost the R&F dearly over the years, would call into question their "authority" and weaken their position. They will move heaven and earth to try and prevent this from happening.

Why would Christ choose a bunch of GROSS sinners to represent him, but throw us away like we are worthless? If the Governing Body are so much wiser than the rest of the JWs why do they screw up so badly?

Simple. Jesus never "chose" them for anything. It's one thing to be an imperfect human who honestly makes mistakes. It's quite something else when you purposely enforce LIES on 6 million people, and try to pass them off as "present truths" from Jehovah, because you don't want to lose your authoritative postion. That is inexcusable.

The Governing Body is NOT going to be standing before God and explaining their actions to God.

Oh, I somehow think they will be and I would not want to be in their shoes come Judgement Day. The members of the Governing Body who have purposely mislead people will be standing their shitting their pants as they say "...Lord, Lord, did we not do.....all of these things in your name?"

They can try and explain and justify all they want on that Day---it's not going to do them any good. After all, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit