ARMAGEDDON IMMINENT WTS PR media push !

by DannyHaszard 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I really should start a thread on potential solar threats the sun is just about the only thing that scares me.All life comes from the sun we are all star dust according to current models of stellar themogenesis.

It makes me marvel that more society's weren't sun worshipers as it looks like a God.How could someone bow down to a block of wood or stone?

• needproof
  • twinflame2
    twinflame2
    Still, Vaden kept trying. For the convention campaign, he's stretched his days until 2:30 p.m. Typically, he works from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., hitting every doughnut shop and doorbell in a neighborhood.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

It's truly imminent, brothers and sisters. I tell ya' it's really imminent. That means closer than imminent. Here's proof:

A WORLD does not end every day! Not since the great flood of Noah’s time has a “world” or system of things for governing the affairs of all mankind passed out of existence. But now, by occurrence of every detail of the great sign Jesus gave, we know that we face the imminent end of the present world system.

*** w52 12/1 p. 709 Walking Blamelessly Through the Last Days ***

I'll go out on a limb and say that most of you reading this now were not even a twinkle in your daddy's eyes when this was printed and distributed with great enthusiasm nearly 55 years ago.

Len Miller

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Newspaper headlines June 2006 regarding invitation to “Imminent” end preached at the “Deliverance At Hand” District Convention of that year.

Believing Armageddon is imminent, Jehovah's Witnesses go on a mission

San Jose Mercury News on Topix.net

“In an unprecedented campaign, Jehovah's Witnesses, renowned and sometimes shunned for their zealous evangelism, want to personally invite as many people as possible to their annual convention, and they're doing it in their signature style: by knocking on strangers' doors.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we have a new 2007 District Convention with an “imminent” invitation campaign to invite the public to the District Convention because as we all know the end of the world is SOOOOOOO IMMINENT! How long have Jehovah’s Witnesses been saying the end is “imminent ?”

Watchtower 1952 12/1p.709WalkingBlamelesslyThroughtheLastDays

A WORLD does not end every day!...But now, by occurrence of every detail of the great sign Jesus gave, we know that we face the imminent end of the present world system.

Watchtower 1954 10/1p.581FleeforYourLife!

Thinking Bible students, however, see in present world conditions…a warning of imminent death for the present chaotic system of things.

Watchtower 1954 12/1p.734LivingNowasaNewWorldSociety

Rather than introvertedly dwelling on the mistakes of the past let us take joy in the fact that the…. complete vindication of Jehovah’s name is imminent.

Watchtower 1957 1/1p.30GiveJehovahExclusiveDevotion

In view of the imminent approach of the battle of Armageddon, where he will vindicate his name by wiping out his enemies…

Watchtower 1959 11/15p.703UsingTheocraticTactfulness

Popular evangelists…know nothing about the importance of… God’s kingdom being at hand and Armageddon being imminent .

Watchtower 1959 10/1p.595par.38FindingtheTruthThatMakesMenFree

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I just don't get why they don't hire a good PR firm and run a superbowl ad. OH YEAH, that would do nothing re proving santa a liar.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

To make the printed literature push further, they devised a marketing scheme, which resulted in their professed doctrines

C.T. Russell knew that he could put to market the Armageddon ideology and could make a gain in selling to the people,

this is where his professional salesmanship came into play, it worked then just like it works today,

A fine example of open market capitalism, and his efforts were also to bring attention to himself as an power seeking opportunist

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    a fine example of open market capitalism, and his efforts were also to bring attention to himself as an power seeking opportunist

Al Capone VS Judge Rutherford

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit