ARMAGEDDON IMMINENT WTS PR media push !

by DannyHaszard 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

The San Jose Mercury News has a comment feature. I just posted mine under my old PO's name.

-BONEZZ

• serendipity
    serendipity

LOL @ BONEZZ -

• Inkie
    Inkie

"They" might try reading Luke 21:8, where it says:

He [Jesus] replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and,

'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

• loosie
    loosie
    The Northern California .......... knock on the door of every house, apartment, condo and hut in the region.

There are no huts in northern CA

• uk humanist
    uk humanist

The reason we're so concerned is the times we're living in. No one can deny the times are critical.

I absolutely deny that the times are critical. That's that argument blown!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Armageddon has been imminent for over a century now and for the adventists of whom the JWs are an offshoot have benn expecting it for nearly 200 years starting from around 1820 when they set a date for 1844.

The naive dubs don't realise that the imminent end idea creates in them the psychology that allows the WTS to manipulate and exploit them. Just imagine how everything would change if the GB admitted that the end is very far away in the future.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I was baptixed in the 60's as a rather young person and have particapted in mumerous tract missions. I have also gone door to door in the city the conventions is at, they usuully do that, unless they have stopped it for some reason.

• blondie
    blondie

CRYING WOLF

w98 6/1 p. 5 Wait Patiently ***

THE shepherd who repeatedly cried "Wolf!" when there was no wolf found that his subsequent cry for help went unheeded. Similarly today, many disregard the imminence of Jehovah’s day because they have heard countless warnings that have proved to be false alarms. The very fact that so many fail to discern which warning is genuine and then heed it plays into the hands of God’s great enemy, Satan, that false "angel of light."—2 Corinthians 11:14.

1914, 1915, 1920, 1925, 1940's, 1975, (1984), (1994)................warnings from the WTS that proved to be false

*** g93 3/22 p. 3 Why So Many False Alarms? ***

Why

So Many False Alarms?

The World’s End—How Near?

THE story is told of a boy who watched the sheep of the villagers. To stir up a bit of excitement, one day he cried out, "Wolf! Wolf!" when there was no wolf. The villagers rushed out with clubs to drive off the wolf, only to find that there was none. It was such great fun that later on the boy repeated his cry. Again the villagers rushed out with their clubs, only to discover that it was another false alarm. After that a wolf did come, and the boy sounded the warning, "Wolf! Wolf!" but the villagers dismissed his cry as another false alarm. They had been fooled too often.

So it has become with those who proclaim the end of the world. Down through the centuries since Jesus’ day, so many unfulfilled predictions have been made that many no longer take them seriously.

Including the WTS, 1914, 1915, 1920, 1925, 1975..........

g93 3/22 p. 4 Why So Many False Alarms? ***

Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah.’ The Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: "We have not the gift of prophecy." (January 1883, page 425) "Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible." (December 15, 1896, page 306) The Watchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah’s spirit "does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes." (May 15, 1947, page 157) "The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." (August 15, 1950, page 263) "The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)"—February 15, 1981, page 19.

The WTS CYAs again

*** g93 3/22 pp. 3-4 Why So Many False Alarms? ***

They are voicing expectations based on their own interpretation of some scripture text or physical event. They do not claim that their predictions are direct revelations from Jehovah and that in this sense they are prophesying in Jehovah’s name. Hence, in such cases, when their words do not come true, they should not be viewed as false prophets such as those warned against at Deuteronomy 18:20-22. In their human fallibility, they misinterpreted matters.

So the slave is not guided by holy spirit?

*** w01 1/15 p. 16 Overseers and Ministerial Servants Theocratically Appointed ***

Theocratic appointments come from Jehovah through his Son and God’s visible earthly channel, "the faithful and discreet slave" and its Governing Body. (Matthew 24:45-47) The whole process of such recommendation and appointment is directed, or guided, by holy spirit.

Why listen to the FDS/GB/WTS then if they make mistakes and they are not speaking in God's name?

Blondie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Two chances to post easy register high index ranking Danny started these enjoy ( note:the form format will not allow paragraphing or any code) (1) child abuse pedophile cover-up
    Joplin Independent, MO - 1 hour ago
    Pedophilia is covered up in the Jehovah's Witnesses on a ... Jehovah Witness pedophiles go door to door as part of their faith to recruit converts! ... (2) JEHOVAH WITNESSES CONVENTION
    Joplin Independent, MO - 1 hour ago
    *Jehovah's Christian Witnesses Hold Conventions ** * * Over 200 such conventions this summer in the United States, with dozens more in countries around the ...

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Blondie,

Perfect I'm savin that info.

They are actually doing a diservice to christianity by all their end talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit