focus on being a Jehovah witness???

by Jade221 20 Replies latest social relationships

• Jade221
    Jade221

I had an experience a couple of days ago. Me and my bf broke up he is a jw and i am not. We were togehter for a while and it was a good relationship and out of the blue he says to me i think its better if we just break up. He says that he cant have both which he means me and him being a jw, also he said that he cant focus right anymore because he always thinks about me. Then he says how he feels bad about what he has to do but i told him that i always supported him no matter what his religion is. I was thinking about becoming a jehovah witness too. He says that i am so understanding which makes the break up harder and that things are getting to deep. Also that he wants to do things with me that he cant i think that means sex but that was not an option with us no matter if he was willing or not. I was gonna wait till we got married. please give me some advice.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi Jade, welcome to the board. I've been here a few years, but I've never been a JW. I could give you some advice, but it wouldn't be as valid as someone whose been in the religion. Just keep checking back.... there are many people on this board who've been in your shoes, or others who are familiar with your situation and will give you some great advice. btw, may I ask your age.... it will give those who will respond a little more perspective.

Again....welcome to the board.

D.E.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Hi Jade! Welcome. I'm so glad you made it here

I'm truly sorry for the circumstances in which you find yourself. There are many going through the same thing, and every so often someone shows up here, like you--hurt, puzzled, and seeking advice and information.

Stick around, girl. There are a lot of wise, loving, experienced folks here. (Ignore the grumps.)

~Merry

• juni
    juni

Be thankful that he was honest with you!!!!!

Find another guy; one who shares your same goals and belief system. In the end you will be a lot happier. Nice to have you posting here and if you want more information to validate what I said, read other postings so you know what JWs and their religion is really about.

Juni

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

You might try these threads in the "best of" section for starters:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/77159/1.ashx

~Merry

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello Jade:

I was a JW for 26 years.. Truth is, he's not allowed to date you. Or anyone who isn't part of the religion. Definately, he's not allowed to have any sex. I wouldn't recommend becoming a witness...because they are a cult... And I truly believe they don't have God's blessing or approval. Feel free to message me.. about anything at all about their doctrines.. I was a full time pioneer.. just back in August.. so, I do know what's going on. May God bless you with your problem.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Even though you tried to show him that his religion didn't matter, JWs don't learn by example; they learn by threats. Even that doesn't work too good.

It's better that you didn't decide to join a religion that you weren't interested in. The JW religion takes over you life. If you were to marry this guy, he would never love you more than Jehovah, The Governing Body, The Circuit Overseer, The Elders, or The Congregation. All those people would be put ahead of you, especially if you "sin" or decide that the religion isn't for you.

If he'd prefer to make love to nothing (not even his hand because masturbation is wrong), then let him be. If he'd rather be in love with 10 old men in Brooklyn than you, let him. You have your freedom of choice, he doesn't (by his own will).

Be happy that you didn't get sucked into this religion. Many of us here have suffered by being raised into it, or being sucked into it.

• parakeet
    parakeet

He's doing you a kindness--the only other option (at present) is to get married, and JW/nonJW marriages carry a whole mess of baggage right from the start. Read some of the posts here about the terrible struggles some of these couples are having--estrangement, divorce, ferocious custody battles for children. You're much better off not having that kind of threat hanging over your head. Best of luck to you.

• runningrussianboy
    runningrussianboy

Your luckier on this one. Time is the only remedy for the heart, so it will be hard. You will just move on and find someone who you can buy christmas presents for and share in the joy of birthdays together as you grow old. Wish you the best. Oh and I was a witness, grew up that way. So yeah trust me when I say, non-witness people are like blondes, they just have more fun

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi Jade! I eventually got out of the witnesses, but I broke my first boyfriend's heart first. It takes time for somebody to escape the cult. It hurts but one day you'll be with somebody whose love for you doesn't have conditions - he won't need you to join his cult.

You're much better off without him, believe it or not. Hang in there and keep it together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit