I'm sinking into depression and I can't seem to shake it

by Nellie 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• love11
    love11

It is normal to feel depressed when we are still mourning the loss of a loved one. ( Or several loved ones. ) But if the depression is affecting your ability to live a normal life, then there's no shame in getting a professionals help. Hope everything pans out well for you.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm glad you're checking out any biological causes.

• Erenora nz
    Erenora nz

Depression is an emotional reality. whatever is causing you to be depressed, is most certainly not Jehovah's teachings or the way that is meant for us. What depresses me, will not depress you. Think of the hungry children Africa Zambia Mozambique India Brazil.Have faithl that Jehovah will bring his great day to rectify what Satan had put wrong. That's why we suffer, because of Satan.

Talk to Jehovah and talk to him as if he is right beside you...

Because Jehoavh is the Most High God that me and you could ever trust in.

Remember Moses, Sara, Abraham, David, Solomon,, although they were great men, they still needed Jehovah

And also, you have the brothers and sisters to support you. We all been in that predicament afore.

The end is not far away now... Hold in there. and whatever you're guilty of, let it go!!!

• Nellie
    Nellie

Thank you everybody for your loving words. I'm happy to report that the doctors believes my "sadness" is a direct result of the medication that I'm taking. She's told me to reduce my dosage to 1/2 and hopefully this will clear up in a few days.

You know if we look for it, there's enough going on in this world to depress all of us. But generally speaking, I'm a strong woman with a fun-loving attitude and a cheery disposition. I knew that there wasn't enough going on right now to cause me to feel what I'm feeling, but I'm feeling it anyway. At least now I know why.

You wanna know how bad this is . . . I wanna complain more, but I don't have the energy to - I'll catch you all when I'm feeling better.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Woohoo! It's the pill's fault! I hope you get your zip back soon.

• poppers
    poppers
    I'm filled with sadness for all the missed years . . . the years I should've sent my father a gift when he was alive, the years I should've celebrated with my mother and my own kids. I'm also filled with the sadness of losing my best friends, even though I have new friends - they don't understand what being in the org really means, and how it influenced the person I am today.

Aside from the biological factors which may be contributing to your state, you must understand something fundamental and obvious: There is no recovering the past, and the future is never here. Regrets about the past and anxiety about the future obscure the only thing which is real, the here and now.

Explore what it truly means to be in the present moment, fully and completely. Returning to the past through the mind or projecting into the future will blind you to what's actually unfolding before you, ever new and fresh. Sense your own existence and presence - there is great peace and fulfillment there which isn't dependent upon anything. Let the past be where it belongs, in the past. Let each moment unfold, as it will anyway, without worry or concern. YOU are here right now. Discover this You that is free from all ideas of you.

• subgenius
    subgenius

I had a period of absolute insanity after I left. And I've had several bouts of depression since. But it gets better with time. I think it's important to really try and live for today. You can't forget the past, but it's not like you can change it either. I like who I am now, so despite all that I may have lost out on being raised "in the truth" I can't really regret anything. I'm just happy that I'm living now instead of continuing on in a constant state of dismay, depression, and guilt that followed me while I was part of the "flock".

• Nellie
    Nellie

Since I stopped doubling my medicine on Friday, the depression has lifted and while I can't say that all my medical issues have cleared up - at least I'm once again dealing from a "normal" emotional state. I'm sure my family would debate that last statement - but WHATEVER!

At least I'm no longer looking for the corner! Yeah!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Good news! Glad you're feeling better. I'm not a cryer but every so often there's nothing like a good cry fest in the bath to let it all go.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit