Shunned Father: Law suit thrown out

by truthseeker 31 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Lady Lee -

I have a question: Why did the society lawyers and liaison comm. push for laetrile therapy when the WT spoke out against it long time back when ones were going to Tijuana, MX for laetrile treatments. They were a hoax and the WT agreed.

Why didn't they give their alternate blood therapies to Bethany? In Canada, is laetrile a proven, acceptable treatment??

I'm confused with this laetrile treatment.

Can you help me out w/this? Thanks.

Juni

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Why ask Lady Lee?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, don't bug Lady Lee with these questions. Don't shoot the messenger.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's the google news items.

http://news.google.ca/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&ie=UTF-8&ncl=http://www.770chqr.com/news/news_local.cfm%3Fcat%3D7428218912%26rem%3D40392%26red%3D80121823aPBIny%26wids%3D410%26gi%3D1%26gm%3Dnews_local.cfm

It seems the Judge is saying that Lawrence Hughes cannot properly represent Bethany Hughes' interests, as she did not share the same beliefs as her father.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

juni

Can you help me out w/this? Thanks.

To be really honest juni I don't know enough about the case or medical rulings that are similar to this to discuss the issues other than what I stated above. So I won't.

My expertise is most definitely elsewhere.

• juni
    juni

Why go to Lady Lee? Because she knows a lot of things and being from Canada I thought she may know about the laetrile treatment Bethany was given and if laetrile use is allowed in her country. In the US it isn't and you would be prosecuted for using it for treatments. That's why quite a few went to Tijuana, MX. I'm sure a lot of the CA posters if they were JWs way back would remember this. Also the article didn't answer my question.

Shoot the messenger? Beg your pardon? Gettin' kind of snarfy aren't ya??

Juni

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Be nice.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Be nice like averyniceguy

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Juni -

Are you sure she was given laetril treatment?? I don't remember reading that. I thought the case had something to do with the arsenic treatment she was given.

-Aude.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Hanging well on news wires!

Court throws out Jehovah's Witness lawsuit
    Globe and Mail, Canada - Jun 14, 2006
    Calgary -- A lawsuit that accuses Jehovah's Witness members of contributing to the death of a Calgary teen who refused blood transfusions was thrown out ...
    Alberta in brief Alberta Daily Herald Tribune (subscription)
    Calgary Dad Vows To Appeal Ruling Dismissing His Claim In ... 770chqr.com
    all 3 related ยป

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit