Will my relationship survive if we are unevenly yoked.

by sjohnson333 22 Replies latest social relationships

• sjohnson333
    sjohnson333

I am studying the truth and I am very pleased with The Jehovah's Witness Congregation. I am interested in becoming a follower. I have a true desire to serve Jehovah. My problem is this. I am new to the truth and I am already a mother of two beautiful children that I am extremly thankful for. My interest is for them as well. My dilema is this. My son's father is my best friend. We made the mistake of fornicating and we produced a child from it. We care about each other dearly. We have maintained a strong relationship with each other for 8 years. Our son is 2. He recently told me that he is in love with me and he wants to do the right thing by God and be a father to his son in whole, not from a distance. He wants us to get married and raise our family togehter. He is a good man, he is responsible, kind, an excellent father even with us not being together and he treats me with the upmost respect. I love him very much and I know that he loves me as well. The problem is he is not interested in the truth like I am. And that brings up questions in my mind if we would survive as a family. Me trying to be in the truth and him not interested in it. He is not a "unbeleiver" he believes almost everything witnesses believe. He doesn't celebrate holidays, Believes God and Jesus are seperate and not one like most religions believe, so many things are there. He just doesnt feel that you need to attend church to have a relationship with Jehovah. I cant help but to think of the scriptures that point out sharing association with those who believe what you believe, fellowshiping. Can someone help me. Should I persue a relationship with the father of my son and have a balanced family, as well as serve Jehovah by attending meetings even though he will not. I think that even if he doesnt attend meetings that I will continue to attend them with my children.

Could it work? Someone please offer me some advice.

• Honesty
    Honesty

How do you know the Jehovah's Witnesses are "The Truth"?

• nelly136
    nelly136
    We made the mistake of fornicating and we produced a child from it. We care about each other dearly. We have maintained a strong relationship with each other for 8 years.

you made a child in a loving long standing relationship, now its become fornication, 'fornication' is frowned on in jwland and will probably prevent you from getting baptised.

• Robdar
    Robdar

It will depend on who you love more. Are you going to love a man made organization and allow this organization to direct your life and everything that you do from what sort of clothes to wear right down to what sort of sexual delights you may experience in the bedroom with your husband? Or, are you going to love and respect yourself and your husband enough to know when this meddling, man-made organization has gone to far?

Eventually, you will have pressure put upon you to choose between your "worldly" husband or a man-made organization that considers itself your "mother". This pressure more than likely wont come from your husband, it will come from the WTBTS and the congregation that you belong to. Currently, you are only seeing the rosey side that members of the congregation want you to see. There is no point in telling you about the more insidious side of the organization because you wont be able to see it for yourself at this time. And you wouldn't beieve me anyway.

What this really comes down to is your love for your boyfriend. How much do you really love and want to be with him if you have to ask questions like the ones you have posed? Now, this is just my opinion, but, by asking these questions, it sounds as if you do not really want to marry him (even though he is a good father doesn't mean that you passionately love him) and are looking for a way out while saving face. I could be wrong.

Either way, it is up to YOU to make the decision. Not us, not your congregation, not the WTBTS. YOU. Think for yourself.

Welcome to the forum. You do know that this is an ex-Jehovah's Witness site? Stick around and read a little bit. You might find out some interesting things about the WTBTS.

Robyn

• Highlander
    Highlander

Let's make one thing clear. If you marry him, the marriage won't fail because of his different beliefs. If the marriage were to fail it is because of the interference, pressure and bullying

imposed upon your marriage by the WT organization. Family is not important to them. Doing obesience to the WT corp is what is most important to them.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I am studying the truth

I'm not so sure about that one. http://www.freeminds.org and make an informed decision.

I am new to the truth and I am already a mother of two beautiful children that I am extremly thankful for. My interest is for them as well.

To prevent your children from resenting you in the future, allow them to make their own decision instead of ordering them to follow in your footsteps.

We made the mistake of fornicating and we produced a child from it.

That wasn't a mistake, that was a deeper way to show each other your love. That's why it's called "making love". Marriage is only a legal contract, nothing more.

The problem is he is not interested in the truth like I am.

So what? It's only a difference in religion. Religion is one's own decision. If he doesn't want to be a JW, there's no reason to stop loving him. Do you think that Jehovah would destroy a good man who loves his family and his woman, but refuses to sell magazines from door to door?

He just doesnt feel that you need to attend church to have a relationship with Jehovah.

If he has found a successful way to have a relationship with God, then why should he change what he's doing? What he's doing works well for him, so where's the problem?

Should I persue a relationship with the father of my son and have a balanced family, as well as serve Jehovah by attending meetings even though he will not.

I think you should look further into what you're getting involved in, and see the other side of things. That way, you can balance the positives and negatives of what you're doing, and make your own decision based on that.

Read more posts on here and check out http://www.freeminds.org

I wish the best decision for you, and that you reap what you sew. May you reap a loving family with who loves each other, and respects each other's differences.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear stjohnson,

WELCOME!! Please read my story, this may be of help to you. Look up Lady Liberty under Member Directory, see my first Topic I have ever posted, entitled " Its high time I introduce myself". Please feel free to pm me with any questions you may have. We are glad to have you here. Jehovah and Jesus are no doubt directing you here for answers.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I really wish you could take a step back and view your post from a distance, then you would understand just how brainwashed people become by associating with this cult.

Before making the decision, ask your study instructor to bring the hard bound 1995 Watch Tower. When they do ask her explain the generational doctrine shift that is evidenced in the preface of the WT magazine starting in Oct. 1995.

You will note that the entire "religion" became something different with the stroke of a pen. If she says "new light" ask if that means that Jehovah was wrong when he gave the "old light" to the Governing Board or was it just a case of false prophecy? Now look up false prophet in the JW bible and see what you should do right from the horses' mouth so to speak. Jehovah might not be directing the Dubs but he is very clear about what to do with false prophets.

Good Luck!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Pursue the father and dump the Witnesses.

• nelly136
    nelly136

at least your children are young, you'll have a few years grace to prepare in case either of them decide they dont want to be jws. if that happens you will be expected to quit associating with them too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit