Jesus: What is he?

by jstalin 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jstalin
    jstalin

I have a question regarding JW doctrine:

What is Jesus? I went to one memorial and he was described as the "perfect man," like Adam. However, JWs don't believe in a soul, so when Jesus died, what happened to him? He was resurrected, and currently resides as the King of Heaven, yet, what form does he take? Is he still a human, or is he some sort of soul being? Can anyone help me out?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jesus is not only a scrumptious dessert, but an excellent floor polish!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hm your reasoning makes sense.

Jesus is a spirit being.

A "spirit" in jw talk is a force, with no personality. So Jesus is only a......

Force?

Lol,

The Force He Is, young jedi.

Good question.

BSoM

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The Archangel Michael.

Somehow between ascension and Judgement day he grows some wings...

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    The Archangel Michael.

Somehow between ascension and Judgement day he grows some wings...

Ok well next question which I think relates: What are angels? They aren't souls, spirits don't have a personality.... Are they what? BSoM

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They are somehow a spirit "creature", as opposed to a spirit "force".

Since they don't "breathe" they can't be called "souls". Strangely, though, God is a spirit, can breath and has a soul (though they wouldn't want to discuss that).

Don't ask me why they believe this stuff. I think they're just making it up as they go along

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Spirit creature vs spirit force??

Star Wars makes more sense then this.

Making it up as they go along seems to be a fairly decent answer LT

BSoM

• jstalin
    jstalin

If Jesus is an archangel, then I take it than Angels can inhabit human bodies? So did Jesus completely take over the body he inhabited - was it sort of a zombie body designed for the angel's use?

• yucca
    yucca

If you read Matt 28:9 Luke chapter 24 and John chapter 20 you will see Jesus was flesh and bone he could eat and drink and Thomas could put his hand in Jesus wounds. When Jesus returns people will see where he has been pierced Matt 24 the tribes of the earth will mourn him when they see his wounds. Jesus never was an angel. In the NWT read hebrews chapter 1 v 5,6 13,14 chapter 2 v 5

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    If Jesus is an archangel, then I take it than Angels can inhabit human bodies? So did Jesus completely take over the body he inhabited - was it sort of a zombie body designed for the angel's use?

Well.... There were the Nephilim. They were the bad angels that forsaketh their abode in the heavenly realm and took on bodies of flesh to make it with the human girls. Zombie body brings to mind a body that was living but became dead then alive once again. I think the Bible speaks of Jesus of having his own body. BSoM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit