Does anyone else have high Cholesterol?

by nicolaou 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sinis
    sinis

Yes, high cholesterol levels ARE A MYTH AND FRAUD. Gee, only ten or so years ago a healthy male cholesterol level was around 250-260. Then all of a sudden they changed it to ~160. Can you say STATIN? It was because of the pill pushing whores that this was changed. For ANYONE taking a statin on this board my suggestion is to think twice about it. Statins ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You can also count me in as one who believes there is no real proof that cholesterol blocks arteries and the whole story was contrived by the drug companies to boost the extremely profitable statin sales.

I never bother with checking my blood cholesterol and never will, and I feel pity for those that eat tasteless low fat food for no reason. The real problem more likely comes from trans fats, processed oils and too much sugar. And anti cholesterol drugs are toxic.

• sinis
    sinis

The only problem is that the medical and insurance industry have slept with each other and use the cholesterol level to determine insurance eligibility. That has to be the biggest crock of shit on the planet...

• wednesday
    wednesday

I take Omacor, a prescription omega 3 oil. I take 4 pills a day. It lowers triglycerides and will also lower cholesterol. I capsuelis very potent. If you have prescription coverage, it is cheaper than buying fish oil but if not, ther are some very good fish oils available that are potent and don't leave you with a fishy burp.

Zetia alo has helped , itis not a statin, but it has been helpful in reducing cholesterol

take care.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I didn't know the medical insurance companies looked at cholesterol levels, and after the critical limit was lowered it will be worse for the insured. It's trans fats that really cause the damage not cholesterol.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I don't have very high cholesterol, but mine dropped 20 points in a year just be switching to a low carb diet.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wednesday is right. Sugar is the enemy to people with high cholesterol. If your triglycerides(sp?) are high it will raise your bad cholesterol.

Starches work the same way.They convert to sugar.So if you have a potato..make it small. Cereal..small bowl. Bread..no more than one or two slices a day.

Lower the Trig. and I bet your cholesterol will come down.

Fruit has a lot of sugar in it. Especially oranges. Don't over do.

Be sure to exercise a lot and I really think the water helps. Just again don't overload your body. Your body won't be able to eliminate it possibly.

Again.I think eliminating stress..excess weight..just eat most things in moderation..and smoking is a no no. Salt retains water..if you don't have a problem with swollen feet or feeling bloated..you should be OK with a moderate amount of salt.I too have heard sea salt is better for you..I don't know why?

Snoozy..

I was told that meat portions should be no larger than the palm of your hand.

And vegetables are good..

• barry
    barry

The massai tribes in Africa have a very high intake of cholesterol they drink the blood of their animals and drink lots of milk yet their blood cholesterol is very low. Some people beleive it is because of their stress free life.

I had my cholesterol taken it was only 2.9

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

My cholesterol was up to 280 sumptin. So I finally went on Lipitor. 1 month and I was down to 230. 6 months and 187 - I hadn't been that low in many years!

I just went OFF lipitor. My Cholesterol was at 162! I'm off for 3 months and then we'll retest to see if I need to go back on.

What changed? I lost some weight - I'm now down to the top end of my BMI. (unfortunately I lost weight due to illness - severe chronic fatigue syndrom and fibro myalgia)

I was on lipitor for 3 years and have experienced no side effects from it that I know of. I don't want to - tired of taking pills, but I would go back on it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit