Do You Think "Apostates" Are All A Bunch of Whiners?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    It's always, "We have too many meetings," or "I just gave a talk!" or "I raised my hand five times at the Watchtower study and no one called on me."

And how about, "That snooty sister BigAss looked right at me after the WT study and didn't speak to me! Huh! Well, Jehovah knows her heart condition!"

(BTW, for newer ones here, "heart condition" was not a medical term, but a phrase that was used to criticize each other by using Jehoober.)

• daystar
    daystar

Min, why are you always bringing up negative stuff?! You piss me off! You're so unfair! I don't like your avatar! Why do you call yourself minimus? That's just irritating! I'm sick of seeing your topics here! Why don't you just leave us alone? Why can't you just post something positive for once? Why do you have to always bring us down? Don't you believe in Jehovah? Your faithlessness is disgusting! Why are you trying to take the Christ out of Christmas?! Who's your daddy?!?! WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Daystar, you know I'm right and I know you agree with me, you whiner, you!

• daystar
    daystar

Tongue in groove, brother, tongue in gr... er... I mean cheek.

• DHL
    DHL

I think that people who leave a cult go through a transition. They start with realising they have been lied to and therefore feel like being a victim. This is surely a whining period. I think that's pretty normal. You complain about what you have lost (e.g. many years of your life, higher education, loved ones, ...). Later people tend to decide to stop feeling like victims and instead pretend to be responsible for their life and their happiness. That's when the whining stops.

• blondie
    blondie

did you say "wieners"? or was that "winners"

There's nothing wrong with talking about the things that have harmed or hurt you...after all we have to tell the doctor where it hurts. But if we don't try to apply the possible solution or continue to be around the things that hurt us... Of course, we don't always have the same choices at the same time. Is it whining to warn others of the dangers that hurt us?

Oh, well, it's early yet. My thought processes have not coalesced yet.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit