Do You Think "Apostates" Are All A Bunch of Whiners?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Every so often, you'll see a JW come onto these sites and bash us because we're only looking at the negatives regarding the Witnesses. I don't think we are unfair at all. At least WE speak the "truth".

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If Jehovah's Witnesses ever develop some redeeming qualities I'll be happy to talk about them. Until that happens I'll continue to bitch and whine about them.

W

• Jourles
    Jourles

If there's one thing you learn quick on this board it's this --- If you make ANY claim on this board, JW related or not, you'd better be ready to back it up with proof. Whereas on a fluff pro-jw board, any 'nice' jw urban legend would be classified as gospel. Dispute the legend, you're booted.

• gumby
    gumby

Hell yes we whine about the witnesses...I wonder why?

They tear families apart, cause deaths from their doctrines, and lead people down paths with no rainbow at the end of it.....so I guess there's good reason to whine about them.......especially when most all here are/were victims.

Gumby

• Honesty
    Honesty

That's how we became apostates.

w61 6/15 p. 370 par. 12 Progressing Toward Maturity ***

In Jehovah’s work a mature person will not be discouraged but will be able to weather storms of opposition. He understands the issue; he knows that there will be hardships along the way, but that complaining will only bring the disfavor of his great employer, Jehovah, the God of production.

The pay was so poor I had to whine.

• KrazyKate
    KrazyKate

I thought the Jehovah's Witnesses were a bunch of whiners. They had problems of every kind and all they could do is gossip and complain. I never was baptized in the religion but my parents studied for a short period of time. I would go to the church services they called meetings and it was ok just not for my family.

• rekless
    rekless

No! It is the first time in our lives that we are able to express ourselves without having to answer the question,"Do you believe that the governing body is god's channel on Earth, and do you believe Jehovah is using them to direct his work here on Earth?" We have a true freedom of speech wheather any body here wants to listen or not.

• juni
    juni

It is a cathartic experience for us. You can state facts and your opinions and know that you will be heard. Doesn't mean everyone will agree with you. But that's alright. You are free to state your ideas and not fear that you are going to be "reported" to higher authorities.

That doesn't make you a whiner - a complainer in an annoying way. That's what a PO told a group of sisters when they brought to his attention that they were having problems dealing w/a mentally ill brother who was allowed in field service. He asked us, "Are we becoming a group of whining complainers?" He was such a self-righteous b******.

Juni

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Whiners?
    These JW supporters need to think about something. How about this:
    For every 50 times I hear at the Kingdom Hall a complaint about another religion or an attack on somebody elses faith without somebody even being their to defend their position I ask you...
    WHO ARE THE REAL WHINERS?
    JWs makes thousands of complaints each week about other peoples religions, but are told that one against theirs is 'apostacey'. What garbage.

• Swan
    Swan

I mentioned to my counselor that maybe I was just feeling sorry for myself with all of my whining. He responded, "You have been through a lot, and life has been much harder on you than most people. Go easy on yourself."

So now I think maybe we are justified in whining. Life has been very hard, and if we can help someone else escape or not fall into the trap in the first place, then our whining is serving a good purpose.

At least we are pointing out the flaws, otherwise it would be a very one-sided picture of the Watchtower Society, which they were happy to paint for over a hundred years. Now that there are apostates coming forward and exposing their hypocrisy in more public venues, they call us whiners and unappreciative of Jehovah's loving provisions.

That's just a bunch of BS. If they don't want to hear our message, they should do as their leaders demand and stay away from here. Since they are coming here, then they deserve to know what their precious Watchtower Society has been really up to for the last 125 years.

I am also of the opinion that those that do come here and call us whiners doth protest too much. The JWD apologist of today is the apostate of tomorrow, and the very fact that they are here and defending the JWs shouts out their denial of the doubt they have. Do they really deserve a sugar-coated message like the one they get at the KH? Or is it better to tell it like it is so that they at least have their eyes wide open about what they are getting into?

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit