WT says child abuse can be given up!

by ozziepost 30 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

The WTBTS will never say that someone is irredeemable (unless of course they are DF'd or DA'd) so everyone should be forgiven. What is also interesting is these are the same people that have no problems with shunning someone and frightening their kids off of even looking at someone who is DF'd. But those same frightened kids are not warned against some guy who served time for molesting other kids.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

"If he seems to be repentant, he will be encouraged to share in the field service..." that's all he has to do, to go door to door scoping out the kiddies, is seem to be repentant?

How naive can they get? Or just plain negligent, about who they authorize to go in the d to d work, under the Witlesses auspices?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I think 100 years from now, when society has learned a painful lesson, a mandatory life without parole sentence will be the only recourse for a pedophile.

A rope or a bullet is more effective...

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I wonder if they'd be willing to bung their kids into a locked room with a "reformed" paedophile and turn out the lights.

• luna2
    luna2

I don't understand why the WTS is so hell bent on protecting child molestors. Sure, you don't want false accusations being slung around, but how often does a child do that (unless coached by an adult)? Is spousal and child abuse (sexual, physically violent, and emotional) seen as some sort of droit de seigneur? I know that back in the bad old days wives and children were considered property of the man of the house and there was great reluctance (and possibly no legal right) to interfere in any way. The WTS appears to be stuck in a time warp.

Now they are promoting the idea that these serial child molestors can just give it up. Oh? You have a psychotic need to dominate and abuse young children, something you've always known is wrong and unacceptable, but now you can just give it up. Amazing....and pretty unrealistic. I guess they think that if they wish something hard enough, it'll just happen...like magic.

• crazies
    crazies

I agree, they probably can give it up. If you cut off there genitals, hands, feet, or whatever else they might use. Then maybe they could give it up. Wouldn't bother me if that was done to them.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl
    Strange too that in the magical world of WT "repentance" is the damage done to the abused child taken into consideration, just read the WT pubs, go to meetings etc etc ad nauseum.

agreed---there is way too much leeway and rights given to the abuser.....SICK SICK SIC

• tan
    tan
    There is no way that paedophilia can be treated by men with no medical, psychiatric or psychological training.

I agree, as a victim of child abuse. The elders in my congregation had little interest in my situation. They needed another witness to prove that the act had even occurred . The offender needs help too. He was just excused for his actions. They think that a few scriptures telling you that you're wrong because either you didn't scream (a small child) or because no one else witnessed it, is the answer. They have no training for the aftermath of the situation either. Sexual abuse stays with you for life. I guess if there's no compassion for the victim then they can't offer any help.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I think the wts is so determined to protect child molesters b/c the vast majority of cases, they are male. They are then potential elder material. Also, it follows the wts general way women /children are treated, as second class citizens, as property. They often refer back to the jewsih laws and say how women/children were viewed then and as we all know, cattle often had it better than women/children. I have noticed they df women much quicker than men for fornication and adultry. The woman is a temptress in their eyes. She is an evil whore who their young men must be protected from. If a young girl is molested, well, remember now, in some countries marriage was / is legal at age 9-10.

It is the lack of value for the female or children until they are old enough to be of use to them.The superior male. They have all kinds of sisters in the org. they can replace her. but they are running short of men, and don't want to lose any. I'm not sure if there have been any jws female molesters, but if there was I bet they df them right away.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

SICK SICK SICK!!!

L.L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit