Hair

by simplesally 19 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

How many of you think your "hair" is very important to you? Gosh, I feel like minimus. Except, I will submit said question and my answer...... even though my hair is starting to grow back, see pic in other thread, I am still not ok walking around with 1/4 inch hair. It feels weird at work, it doesn''t feel weird at home but running around without a wig or scarf is very different territory!!

• gumby
    gumby

I golfed today with a buddy who has no hair cept on the sides. He said " I like my hair short "...but then said to me..."but if I had hair like you do, it would'nt be short". I guess if you have it you don't care if you cut it short, but when you ain't got many, you wish you had it to wear it longer.

Sally.....I'm sure your as pretty as when your hair was full. It will be back soon.

Gumby

• simplesally
    simplesally

it's not so pretty Gumby, but thanks anyway.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Sally.....I'm sure your as pretty as when your hair was full. It will be back soon.

Gumby, judging by Sally's bone structure, I'm sure you're right.

(((((Sally)))))

• gumby
    gumby
    it's not so pretty Gumby

I was talkin bout the rest of ya....your hair is a small part. When I wear a hat.... I'm still a good lookin, studly, bastard

Gumstud

• delilah
    delilah

Hi Sally. My hair is important to me, but then again, it has to be, given the line of work that I do. There are days, though, when I've almost shaved it off, because it drives me crazy. But I'll tell you. I've seen a couple of women, who are going through your situation, and they've decided to embrace their hair loss, and not wear any wigs or scarves . They are BEAUTIFUL. They dress real nice, to compensate it, and they wear their makeup, just so, and they look absolutely stunning. One of the ladies, is in her 60's, and her confident smile is warm and embracing.

However, not everyone can do this. Hang in there kiddo, your hair will come back as beautiful as ever...my friend's wife is experiencing this now, and her hair is coming in very curly....and it was straight before. Go figure....

Thinking of you..........

• Mary
    Mary

How many of you think your "hair" is very important to you? Gosh, I feel like minimus. Except, I will submit said question and my answer...... even though my hair is starting to grow back, see pic in other thread, I am still not ok walking around with 1/4 inch hair. It feels weird at work, it doesn''t feel weird at home but running around without a wig or scarf is very different territory!!
    Sally, as a woman who's had long hair, it's very emotional when it's suddenly gone and I think its more important to us then to our menfolk (correct me guys if I'm wrong on this). When I got about 8 inches chopped off a few years ago, I (literally) cried and thought "oh no, what have I done?" Trying to let it grow again as I don't like me with shorter hair. I understand your dismay about having the short hair right now, because in your picture, you've got beautiful hair. I was lucky I didn't lose my hair when I had radiation........Here's a word of encouragment: when my old boss lost her hair due to chemotherapy, she was devastated, but when it started to grow back, it grew back thicker and even nicer than what she had before........she was thrilled with the end results. So even though it'll take some time, I'm sure your hair will be just as gorgeous as it is in your pics. ((((hugs)))) Mary

• ballistic
    ballistic
    and I think its more important to us then to our menfolk

I think for most men myself included you're 100% correct. Mine is grade 1 all over.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

simplesally. I like your hair as it is now. It looks very fresh, very european and trendy

:)

• pistchio
    pistchio

I would probably seriously consider suicide if my hair fell out. Sad but true, it's extremely important to me, and I'm totally in love with it. Most women with long hair have a special affection for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit