Hair

by simplesally 19 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I was sick a couple of years ago and lost a lot of hair. Fortunately it did grow back in again (really curly for about two years...weird), but for about 8 months I was REALLY stressing about it. It bothered me enormously. I couldn't shut up about it either...which ...ugh, I felt like a fool. Anyhow, hair can be a huge issue. I now wonder if I'd have been better off getting a wig or a hair piece so that I could just stop thinking about it all the time.

It all depends on what you feel comfortable with. You look lovely, with or without hair.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I had very thick hair as a kid and up until mid twenties. Don't get me wrong I still got it, just, but it isn't as thick. I now put sun block on my napper when I go out in the sun or my head burns.

I know it isn't the same as your situation but I wish you all the best on your road to recovery

BM

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

simplesally, like Dr Jekyll said, short hair is the European look.

I usually get mine cut that short (if not shorter) and then only let it grow to around 2-3 inches before another cut. I guess it's difficult if you're used to having long thick hair though. I can't find your pic but I'm sure you look fine

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Aha! Just found your pic!

And you do look great!

• Princess
    Princess

I just found your pic too. I think it looks great! (I have the same orange jacket)

You look beautiful.

Rachel

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Sally... Your hair is awesome! Not everyone can pull off a short pixy look, but YOU sure can!

I like it!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

You look great with short hair you definitely have the face to pull it off And everything you have survived which caused your hair to fall out just makes you strong and beautiful inside and out IMO.

• juni
    juni

I think you're a very pretty lady, Sally. Don't worry about it.

Juni

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Hair, or the lack of it, is a major concern to men of 'a certain age'.
    Personally, getting pretty thin on top now but not as bald as many men my age! Have to count my blessings.
    Eyeslice

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Hair, or the lack of it, is a major concern to men of 'a certain age'.

I went bald when I got married at age 20. I think at that age I may have still wanted to "look older" and that's why it didn't bother me in the slightest. I guess if it co-incided with a mid-life crisis, it could be more unsettling psycologically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit