How I got my daughter out of the CULT of Jehovah's Witnesses

by hopie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

hopie,
    Sorry but this story sounds too cloak and dagger, just doesn't sound right to me.

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

I am so happy you got your daughter out!! Props to you for doing what most of us would never do...no matter how much we love our relatives! How did you not puke everytime you went to a meeting or out in service for two years?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hopie:

My book is entitled: "GOING UNDERCOVER...To Rescue My Daughter...From the Cult of Jehovah's Witnesses" and will be available on Google in a couple of weeks.

I hate to sound suspicious and all, but what a strange title for a book. It's not unusual for a book to have a subtitle but almost unheard of for one to have two. Are you sure it's not something more like: "Going Undercover: Rescuing My Daughter From the Cult of Jehovah's Witnesses". That's much more elegant and any editor worth his salt would have fixed that for you. And what do you mean it will be "available on Google". Is it an e-book? Why not, then, give us the address of the website where it can be obtained instead of expecting us to find it on a search engine? Also, searches on Google and Amazon.com show no book of that title. What's the ISBN number?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

WOW good to meet you!! Looking forward to your book

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Hopie was on http://www.randytv.com/ looking for a publisher for this book. looks like she got one.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Don't know what makes it sound so "cloack and dager". We all know that to get someone out of the org is difficult. She most likley got herself reistaed so she could talk to her daughter and help her see jws were a cult. along with helping her see that her husband was a child molester.

I just bought it from amazon today, and it is on the other sites too. She has an update thread giving the ISBN #-She's a new author and this is her first book.

I'm sure it will be a great insider read about how the WTS works internally.

congrats, nancy

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Hopie,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. As I read your post it brought tears to my eyes as parts of your story seemed so simular to ours. My father was a elder for many years and my mother often pioneered. They too were raised in the organization, and raised all five children in it as well. They also began to secretly question the organization, which led to a gradual fading. In time, all but 1 child remains still in. All 4 others are now out. Yet 1 in is still 1 too many. My brother is shunning all of us, my parents have also called dropped by etc.only to be treated like so much dirt beneath his feet. It is heartbreaking. My mom ran into him at the store parking lot, she said hello to her grandaughter, who doesn't even really know her,and tried to hug my brother. He put out his hand and said, "No Mom! No! You are an apostate!!!" She said, "------, why are you judging us based off lies and rumors? Why don't you ask us what we really believe?" He said, "No!" She said, "You know ------, you are exactly where Saten wants you!" And she walked away. All of us have apostate labels, yet no one is disfellowshipped, or disassociated..yet that is! I guess rumor has it we are printing literature, have started our own religon, and even have a website called "The true Jehovahs Witnesses"! UNBELIEVABLE out and out lies!!!! My brother no doubt believes them all! I will look forward to reading your complete story! I cannot imagine what you must have gone through to get your daughter out! And the whole molesting thing.. how heartbreaking for all of you. Not only to have to break it to her, but for your other daughter, who was molested! Your story will no doubt be encouraging to all who read it!!

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

• Anitar
    Anitar

Hopie, I am amazed. Your daughter was born and raised in the org, married a pedophile, and it only took two years to get her out? My mom joined at age 54 and I've been trying to tell her the truth for FIVE years without success. Can you give me any pointers? I would greatly appreciate it.

Anitar.

• Hondo
    Hondo

I would like to know the method(s) you used to get your daughter out too. Guess I will look into buying the books if its there. My wife (now ex) of 20 years joined at age 55. Kept her whole involvement a secret from me as long as she could (about 8/9 months). The WTBTS packaged and wrapped her with their crooked doctrine very well. I tried every trick in the book to show her the lies, deception, and plain evil in this group. It was like talking to a brick wall. They taught her well. I will admit that I got angry a lot which, I'm sure, caused her to withdraw deeper into her little Watchtower cave of protection. I still correspond with her from time-to-time but have mellowed my attitude and conversation mannerisms with her. I figure she is totally lost. If there is some secret "get out of the WTBTS/JW (jail) organization free" method you used on you daughter I would sure be interested. As crazy as it may sound, I still have very strong feelings towards my ex. It is not her I have problems with, it's the organization that took her from me. Thanks.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Hopie,

Bless you for writing your story in a book. It will help many people for years to come.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit