Met a Laid off Bethel Couple

by doinmypart 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

One would think the society would at least give them a watchtower tie clip for all their years of serviceā„¢.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I am happy but also said to hear about this. Happy that there will be more "disgruntled" ex-bethelites out in the "real" world, to enlighten more JWs not happy that these poor people need to start over though. At least when I got out I was young enough to weather some bad times and move on. These people, epecially the older ExB's, will struggle.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

About a year ago, there was a new poster on JWD using the name "schwrtzmnn" and saying he was a disgruntled bethelite serving at WT farms or Patterson with his wife.

I believe his name and posts were deleted (by his own request) because he gave a little too much information about himself. And he was/is not ready to be exposed.

One of his concerns was him and his wife getting older and him worrying how they would make it financially if they were booted from bethel.

He also had a website called Watchtower Farms where he was selling reprints of old WT literature.

So...........does anyone know how this person might be doing? I for one hope he is ok. This downsizing is going to really be hard for ones who thought they had a lifetime job if they wanted it.

The near future is going to be real interesting. We are going to hear some real stories of anger and desperation. We here on JWD need to be especially kind to these individuals to help them see through newly opened eyes. I say this because I really believe that we will get an influx of laid off newbies within the year.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit