News Alert

by TooBad TooSad 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    It took three years for me to wake up. Then, I got kicked off the ranks of Regular Pioneer because I made 986 hours instead of 1,000.

What a SLACKER you were! Man you're goin' straight to Hell in a handbag LDH......986 hours......geeze, obviously you had a "bad attitude" and were totally "lacking in appreciation for spiritual things." Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I was told I didn't take my obligation seriously, no consideration for the fact that I spent MANY MANY hours building the Assembly hall in Henrietta NY and not being able to count the time.

Ya.....if you want to count time, you have to go to Bethel and pick vegetables in their garden----didn't you know that? I'm not kidding....there was a pioneer in my old Hall and that's how she got half her time in: picking vegetables at Bethel.........I wonder how many Bethelites picked their noses and counted it as Time....

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

The end is always just round the corner.
    As for the Iraq situation, I fail to see that this is anywhere near as dangerous as the cold war of 20 to 30 years ago, which could have led to a global nuclear madness.
    Eyeslice

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are putting a lot of such articles and talks out recently, it means that the dubs are losing their motivation after the 1995 generation changes. Yet they have no rational basis to claim the end is near after that change, it may be centuries away.

• RachelHall
    RachelHall
    The brother who gave the "public talk" yesterday told us how close, soon, near, etc. the end is. He even said

Will someone kick that broken recording!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    He even said

that "who knows, with the war in Iraq, when it ends that perhaps the nations will cry peace and security and then

sudden destruction will instantly be upon them." I can hardly wait.

He should have just stuck with who knows. Everything else he said was pure speculation. That is something the WT is very..very good at.

And the brother in the final talk "Would it be possible, brother and sister, that this "International Year Peace" has some connection with the "Peace and Security" cry from I Thessaloniciens. It may be the case."

Another good example of speculation gone wild.

....there was a pioneer in my old Hall and that's how she got half her time in: picking vegetables at Bethel.........I wonder how many Bethelites picked their noses and counted it as Time....
    At least picking yor nose was time well spent. They should be able to count time for it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit